HELP - 10.48 (10.44 kernel) >> 10.48 kernel

rgb

5 posts in this topic

Hi there

I am running 10.48 (10.44 kernel) pervious. I update the kernel by Apple Offical 10.48 combo update+Vitaliy kernel, i followed every instruction in this forum (replace mach_kernel, the kext, add fsb=200 in bootplist).

I can login to safe mode and everything works. But when i login by normal mode, after everything was loaded, there will be a error screen.

I didn't backup before i update, and i don't want to lost everything.

My config is E6600, asus p5b-deleuxe, WD 36G on Intel SATA port 1.

Please help

post-28070-1162112965_thumb.jpg

Boot into safe mode, make sure you've trashed /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then open Terminal and type:

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

sudo update_prebinding -root / -force

sudo reboot

If that doesn't work you can try replacing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one from 10.4.6 / 10.4.7 DVD (if you do it make sure to trash Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext again before rebooting).

Boot into safe mode, make sure you've trashed /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then open Terminal and type:

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

sudo update_prebinding -root / -force

sudo reboot

If that doesn't work you can try replacing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one from 10.4.6 / 10.4.7 DVD (if you do it make sure to trash Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext again before rebooting).

how do i find the "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" on jas dvd?

thanks!!

Sorry, I didn't realize it is kind of tricky. OK, go and get a copy of Pacifist (search for it on macupdate.com) and install it. Put your Jas 10.4.6 DVD into the drive, open Pacifist and from the menu File > Open Package and select the file located at:

/Mac OS X Install Disc x86/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg

Now expand the tree to and locate the kext, it is in the following path:

System > Library > Extensions > AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Drag and drop it to your desktop, once there you can proceed as usual (delete kext caches, replace the file, repair permissions, etc).

Sorry, I didn't realize it is kind of tricky. OK, go and get a copy of Pacifist (search for it on macupdate.com) and install it. Put your Jas 10.4.6 DVD into the drive, open Pacifist and from the menu File > Open Package and select the file located at:

/Mac OS X Install Disc x86/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg

Now expand the tree to and locate the kext, it is in the following path:

System > Library > Extensions > AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Drag and drop it to your desktop, once there you can proceed as usual (delete kext caches, replace the file, repair permissions, etc).

Hi again!

Thank you for detatiled reply.

I was followed your instruction, but the result are the same.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!!