SSDT contains floating region

cyj0912

4 posts in this topic

Hello.

I am trying to patch one of the SSDT's that contains GFX0, but dropping it causes a kernel panic because it contains a floating region as follows:

OperationRegion (SANV, SystemMemory, 0x8AF74D98, 0x013F)
    Field (SANV, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
    {

I appreciate your help if anyone has a workaround.

Hello.

I am trying to patch one of the SSDT's that contains GFX0, but dropping it causes a kernel panic because it contains a floating region as follows:

OperationRegion (SANV, SystemMemory, 0x8AF74D98, 0x013F)

Field (SANV, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)

{

I appreciate your help if anyone has a workaround.

Do you understand what the term "floating region" means? Are you seeing the address 0x8af74d98 change randomly? If not, no floating region.

When you drop SSDTs (DropOem=true), you must be sure to replace all of them (placing all static SSDTs in ACPI/patched), and make sure they load in the correct order (config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder).

Yes, the value do change on a random basis, and that's what troubles me. I can't just drop the tables and replace them with static ones because when the value changes, OS X refuses to boot.

I wonder if there is a way to dynamically fix that value.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the value do change on a random basis, and that's what troubles me. I can't just drop the tables and replace them with static ones because when the value changes, OS X refuses to boot.

I wonder if there is a way to dynamically fix that value.

Your only choice is to not use a statically patched file. Use Clover "hot patching" instead. Renaming GFX0->IGPU is easy with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.