ALC 887 - I don't know what to do

Eurofighter_Ty2016

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have some problems with installing the right kext for ALC 887. I have 3 ports on the back (Sound, Mic & Line In) and 2 on the front (Sound & Mic). I moved the AppleALC.kext file to the EFI System Partition inside the kexts folder (EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11) where there is a realtekALC.kext file from the audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip script.

Without the AppleALC kext file the problem is that I have no input or output devices, with the kext file only the front panel audio works.

So do you know a method to fix all the ports ?

Thanks !

I have the original AppleHDA.kext :)

Here all the required files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4c9tlTAV_M0YWRmVjlxSmFOTnc

Follow my instructions:

1- Remove the realtekALC.kext;

2- make sure to remove any "AppleHDA" related Kext to Patch from the config.plist;

3- set inject 1 in devices "audio" section;

4- keep only AppleALC.kext in Kexts/10.11 folder;

5- reboot.

• Like 1

Follow my instructions:

2- make sure to remove any "AppleHDA" related Kext to Patch from the config.plist;

5- reboot.

I followed your instructions and I have sound on the front panel but not mic. On the back panel nothing works (sound & mic).

What can I try ?

Weird behavior, it should work flawlessly...

Try to rebuild cache via terminal and reboot:

touch /System/Library/Extensions

I tried and now I get kernel panic after 40% of the booting process. I will reinstall the OS. Can you recommend a good tutorial or kext for my sound card?

I am requesting because they are a lots of tutorials and the most are for older versions of OS X.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I tried and now I get kernel panic after 40% of the booting process. I will reinstall the OS. Can you recommend a good tutorial or kext for my sound card?

I am requesting because they are a lots of tutorials and the most are for older versions of OS X.

You have strange issues on your machine, AppleALC is the perfect method for your sound card anyway

Made by vit9696 ? If yes then how should I install it? Kext wizard or just move it to EFI Partition? And after that delete caches?

Delete cache? why?? 

I said what to do with that kext, have you read that?? 

Follow my instructions:

5- reboot.