DELL Vostro 3559 + El Capitan 10.11.6 nearly sucess

leon22heart

6 posts in this topic

I managed to install El Capitan version 10.11.6 in my Dell Vostro using a Fat 32 usb with Clover and a Pandora created install usb (wanted to apply the MBR patch) .The computer had issues seeing my internal sata disk unless i used the intel-100-series-unsupported-patch.kext . Anyways i managed to install everything , but now i have a strange problem . Clover does not see my installation . So i experimented a little . I created a hfs+ partition in an external HDD , installed El Capitan there again and i use that installation  to boot to El Capitan (another strange problem , Clover does not see the external HDD Mac if it is already plugged in by boot time . If i disconnect and reconnect the drive my installation is visible and i can go straight to Mac ) . So down below i post my Computer specs generated by Sisoft Sandra and my Clover configuration . If anyone can point me how can i solve the sata visible-invisible bug so i can access my inner disk installation and how to solve the artifacts of the Intel HD520 graphic card (nothing serious , just annoying ) ? Much appreciated .

And some screenshots .

CLOVER.rar

Computer Report.htm

post-1442317-0-19499100-1469950155_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-72594700-1469950157_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-33039000-1469950159_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-52986300-1469950160_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-90041100-1469950161_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-21817200-1469950163_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-39287900-1469950164_thumb.jpg

post-1442317-0-47617500-1469950165_thumb.jpg

I managed to install El Capitan version 10.11.6 in my Dell Vostro using a Fat 32 usb with Clover and a Pandora created install usb (wanted to apply the MBR patch) .The computer had issues seeing my internal sata disk unless i used the intel-100-series-unsupported-patch.kext . Anyways i managed to install everything , but now i have a strange problem . Clover does not see my installation . So i experimented a little . I created a hfs+ partition in an external HDD , installed El Capitan there again and i use that installation  to boot to El Capitan (another strange problem , Clover does not see the external HDD Mac if it is already plugged in by boot time . If i disconnect and reconnect the drive my installation is visible and i can go straight to Mac ) . So down below i post my Computer specs generated by Sisoft Sandra and my Clover configuration . If anyone can point me how can i solve the sata visible-invisible bug so i can access my inner disk installation and how to solve the artifacts of the Intel HD520 graphic card (nothing serious , just annoying ) ? Much appreciated .

And some screenshots .

About the artifact, change your DVMT Pre-Alloc to 64MB, yours probably are 32 or 128MB. About the drive, it is wise to set DropOEM=false

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your reply .

1. My BIOS does not allow the change and is steady at 128mb .Is there a way to change it via Clover ?

2. DropOEM=false is allready enabled in my .plist

3. The thing that eats me , since the artifacts are a minor thing is the /dev/rsdisk2s6 (NO WRITE) shown in my verbose screenshot posted in the start of the thread . I believe that this error erodes slowly the system and when i try to shutdown it shows  umount /home failed , umount /net failed , an error not shown in my Hackingtosh Mavericks Desktop .I can only imagine it has something to do with the sata kext.

Thank you very much for your reply .

1. My BIOS does not allow the change and is steady at 128mb .Is there a way to change it via Clover ?

2. DropOEM=false is allready enabled in my .plist

3. The thing that eats me , since the artifacts are a minor thing is the /dev/rsdisk2s6 (NO WRITE) shown in my verbose screenshot posted in the start of the thread . I believe that this error erodes slowly the system and when i try to shutdown it shows  umount /home failed , umount /net failed , an error not shown in my Hackingtosh Mavericks Desktop .I can only imagine it has something to do with the sata kext.

Don't trust Windows's DVMT detection. Use Chameleon/Enoch with no theme to check it. You can visit Austere J's HD5500 guide for the method

• Like 1

Will try the guide and see if i can adjust the allocated memory . Have been experimenting with the issue that even though i installed the os in my internal ssd the system throwed me back errors and kernel panics .So i created a backup of my el capitan that was installed in an external hdd using carbon copy and restored it in my internal hdd .Boom , system boots and works fine . All that is missing are the graphical glitches and the sound . Will reporr back with further sucess.

• 1 year later...

Will try the guide and see if i can adjust the allocated memory . Have been experimenting with the issue that even though i installed the os in my internal ssd the system throwed me back errors and kernel panics .So i created a backup of my el capitan that was installed in an external hdd using carbon copy and restored it in my internal hdd .Boom , system boots and works fine . All that is missing are the graphical glitches and the sound . Will reporr back with further sucess.

Hallo,

gegen den Grafik-Fehler hilft einmaliges Ab- und wieder Anmelden des Users (Apfel-Shift Q). Dann läuft die Grafik