First Time Installer - OSX 86

drew0982

6 posts in this topic

I've been trying for the past few days to get Mac OSX 86 loaded onto my HP NC6000 but have been quite unsuccessful so far(see specs here http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quicksp...a/11794_na.HTML - not sure which one I've got as it's not here with me)

I'm using a new 60GB Toshiba Hard Disk, I've tried loading XP Pro on one partition, formatted with Fat32 and then using the 10.4.6 DVD, creating a partition formatted with Mac Journaled something :hysterical: I then went into Terminal and marked the Mac Partition as active using the command "f 2" (2 being the partition in question).

Proceeded to loading the OS, got to the point where it said completed successfully, allowed it to reboot, chose the Mac Partition as the one to boot from using the Darwine menu and the machine just constantly reboots. A bunch of data loads across the screen for about 5 - 10 seconds and then it reboots and continuously does the same thing until I power it off. Somebody HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! :D

PS: I've also tried loading 10.4.6 on a partition taking up the whole hard disk... i.e. without any other OS (in my case XP Pro) installed.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! :)

PSS: I also used an external monitor and mouse during the installation.