Help for a newbe - installing JaS 10.4.7

ya1950

2 posts in this topic

Trying to get this up and running on a Toshiba laptop - M35S-456 (Pentium M 1.7 SSE2). I am using JaS 10.4.7 for Intell and AMD. I have partitioned the drive for a double boot install. So far I have tried:

1. Install using VMWare from Daemon mounted drive to native drive: error 9297 PAE. Adding 'paevm = "TRUE"' to the configuration file does not help.

2. Install using VMWare from Daemon mounted drive to virtual machine : error 9297 PAE

3. Burn iso to DVD. Install by booting the disk using options -v -x : waiting for root device error

I'm ready to give up but before I do is there anything I'm missing that I can do to install OS X on this machine? TIA to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Since no one has replied I'm guessing that there is no easy way to install on this laptop since the CPU is not PAE enabled and I can't get the optical drive recognized to install (I have tried all the hints I've read here using various parameters with the install and also the VGA dongle). That being the case I have another question:

My desktop does boot the OS X disk - I got as far as the options menu before bailing out. Is it possible to put my laptop drive in a USB box and install via USB from the destop to a primary partition on the laptop drive? Even if I get that far will OS X boot and run on the laptop given the difficulties I've had up to now with trying to get it installed? If anyone can answer this I'd really appreciate the help before I start pulling out the drive and experimenting. TIA if anyone can help.