A few issues with TextEdit app, Quicktime and "Play stereo audio as mono"

pcpaul

2 posts in this topic

I'm just curious is it like this for everyone or did I mess up my sierra installation.  

Here's a thing, I've forgotten to back up appleHDA.kext after dev preview 2 update and patching hda, so I figured I might change my OS version to previous in "systemversion.plist" and in app store get that beta 2 update again. I didn't get it and I didn't install anything, I've changed systemversion.plist back to original half an hour later, but I believe it somehow screwed up something related to frameworks.

When I want to open something like a .command script with a textEdit app by right-clicking and choosing "Open with", nothing happens, when I choose textEdit, but if I choose an older version of TextEdit from Yosemite, because on the same drive I've two partitions and on one of them is Yose, so then it opens up just fine.

The same thing happens with a QuickTime player... though I didn't test it with yosemite quicktime, because there's no choice for it in that menu.

Here is the error I get with quicktime, because it instantly crashes when I try to open something in "Open with" way. I can open quicktime player as an app with no problems.

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_AVTimeFormatter
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/Applications/QuickTime Player.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Player
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AVKit.framework/Versions/A/AVKit
 in /Volumes/VOLUME/Applications/QuickTime Player.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Player

Another thing is in system preferences-Accessibility-Hearing-Audio "Play stereo audio as mono" doesn't work, audio remains in stereo, I've tested it with patched apple hda, toleda's way, mirone's also tried Voodoohda, it remains stereo.

So does your TextEdit app, quicktime behave the same way like mine? Because maybe it was like that and I just only noticed it now or I screwed up my install. 

How about audio? audio was always like that for me.

So I'm much more curious to know, if you can open some .sh or .command scripts with TextEdit or mp4 movies with a quicktime using right-click -"open with" way?