Which system profile for this Skylake Build?

sld87

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Finally replacing my Sandy Bridge after years of reliable service.. Running El Cap at present.

What system profile (And why) would you recommend for this setup? Any known issues with any components here?

The only thing missing is the motherboard which will be a Z170X-UD5 TH - seems to be the best bet. Also adding the adaptor from OSXWIFI, as i have used this without fault.

Many thanks

In stock $189  $189  X

In stock $295  $295  X

In stock $339  $339  X

In stock $359  $359  X

In stock $149  $149  X

In stock $449  $449  X

In stock $375  $375  X

Nobody?

How many skylake desktop computers Apple has actually made?

Which model? 

• iMac Retina 5K 27"

Which SmBios do you need?

• iMac 17,1 

Next time do a research, the forums have plenty of infos

"Z170X-UD5 TH - seems to be the best bet"<---- that's a suggestion from TMX forum uh? LOL

• Like 1

How many skylake desktop computers Apple has actually made?

Which model? 

• iMac Retina 5K 27"

Which SmBios do you need?

• iMac 17,1 

Next time do a research, the forums have plenty of infos

"Z170X-UD5 TH - seems to be the best bet"<---- that's a suggestion from TMX forum uh? LOL

Thanks for the sarcastic response. I'm not sure what your last quote is supposed to mean, perhaps English next time would be great.

I'm quite aware of 17,2 but I have tried every graphics fix under the sun and I still cannot get my display to properly output it when I install the web drivers and try to load it using clover flags. Right now I am on 14,2 purely because its the only type that I can load my graphics into.

Could anyone kindly suggest the Clover Hex edits, or anything really, I could make to get me out of this?

Thank you

Stefano