10.4.8 Problem

i.wanna.corndog

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have a Pentium M 740 processor with SSE2 and recently installed Jas' 10.4.8 SSE2 updater. Without changing any settings, I have noticed that pretty much all applications have trouble with double clicking. For instance, if I double click in the address bar in Firefox, it usually selects all of the web address text; this does not work. Another example is in iTunes; when I try to double click a song to play it, it does nothing, even if I sit there clicking it like mad. I haven't messed with any settings, so this had to have somehow been caused by the updater. I have a few questions. First, has anyone else experienced this problem? Second, is there any way to roll back Jas' updater?

Thanks!

corndog

Hi everybody,

I have a Pentium M 740 processor with SSE2 and recently installed Jas' 10.4.8 SSE2 updater. Without changing any settings, I have noticed that pretty much all applications have trouble with double clicking. For instance, if I double click in the address bar in Firefox, it usually selects all of the web address text; this does not work. Another example is in iTunes; when I try to double click a song to play it, it does nothing, even if I sit there clicking it like mad. I haven't messed with any settings, so this had to have somehow been caused by the updater. I have a few questions. First, has anyone else experienced this problem? Second, is there any way to roll back Jas' updater?

Thanks!

corndog

This seems to be a fairly common problem after the 10.4.8 update. I, oddly, can double click files if they are in thumbnail icon view, but not if they are in a detail view. weird. i have a macpro on the way, though, so i'm not worrying too much about it :D.

cheers.