Mac OSx Yosemite no longer boots from vmware in Ubuntu linux 15.10

4 posts in this topic

Hi I hope someone can please help. My previously working vmware image of Mac OSx no longer boots in Ubuntu 15.10. I've re-applied the unlocker and patches but I can't get it to work.

The Apple logo appears and the progress bar gets to half way across (albeit very very slowly) and then gets no further.

Is there any way to see the boot process and where it gets stuck or what the error is? Thanks for any help at all.

Hi I hope someone can please help. My previously working vmware image of Mac OSx no longer boots in Ubuntu 15.10. I've re-applied the unlocker and patches but I can't get it to work.

The Apple logo appears and the progress bar gets to half way across (albeit very very slowly) and then gets no further.

Is there any way to see the boot process and where it gets stuck or what the error is? Thanks for any help at all.

You could try to boot in verbose mode (boot flag -v) and see where it gets stuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thanks I'm not sure how to get verbose mode running. When I reset VMware player and hold shift I don't get safe mode. If I try hold alt and v I don't get verbose. and if I press enter nothing happens. All the keystrokes get ignored and the apple logo and progress bar just appear. Any ideas how I can add the boot flag or start safe mode?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...