ALC1150 - External amplifier and sleep issues

Brabbelbla

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Since recently I am running a Hack with an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming board. Most things weren't too hard to figure out, but now I am running into some issues with audio. 

I used toleda's script with CloverALC option, which enabled most of the functions; rear analog and digital output, apparently also working after resume from sleep. The front-panel stereo output did not work, however. AFAIK, this output is driven by a headphone amplifier, which probably falls in the category of 'external amplifier'. When turning up the volume, I can hear some noise, so I suppose the audio gets routed correctly, but is not amplified. I hoped CodecCommander would fix this, but after injecting it nothing changes, so at least with default settings it does not help.

I also tried with injecting the RealtekALC kext generated in a previous attempt at this board. This powered the amplifier at boot. However, after sleep, the amplifier does not wake. So tried CodecCommander in conjunction with RealtekALC -> no change.

I also noticed that in all three configurations, audio device switching is not perfect right after sleep. The already selected audio device will continue to play audio just fine, but after selecting any other device audio output will stop after 30 seconds. Switching again does give output, but only for 30 seconds. Allowing the system a break in audio playback makes normal operation resume. Weird.

So, primary question: what could I do to make the front panel output work? Probably CodecCommander can make this work, but any directions as to which verbs to send? And if anyone has some brilliant idea about the 30 seconds thing, I'd be glad to hear, too :P

EDIT: first issues solved now, with realtekALC and CodecCommander. Second 'issue' stands.

Edited by Brabbelbla

• 4 months later...