jayricard

BootCamp 6 in El Capitain issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a MBA mid-2012 running the latest OS. I'm trying to BootCamp a Windows 7 x64 .iso I retrieved from an old hard drive. I copied it on my MBA and every time I try to get BootCamp running, it will mount the .iso, resulting in a beautiful :"Your bootable USB device could not be created." error. I tried unmounting the .iso but BootCamp keeps bringing it back up each time. Also, I tried PRAM/SMC reset, different USB/.iso, pretty much all I could think of. Also, I tried running only the last options of BootCamp after having manually download BootCamp 5 utilities manually, "Install Windows 7 or later version" and I get an error again :"The installer disc could not be found." I'm running out of options.. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I have a MBA mid-2012 running latest OS (El Capitain).

I am trying to make a bootable USB Windows installation disk (which in theory is possible via BootCamp).

The Windows OS I am trying to install is Windows 7 x64.

The USB is formatted to FAT32 and MBR.

Advertisement

Turns out it was a corrupted .iso file. I'd suggest downloading the official Win 10 from Microsoft to avoid this error. As a side note, I'm now getting a black screen that won't go away after boot and logo, any idea?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Punkdat
      Hi!

I’m starting a designing course and I’ve been told a Macbook is the best option to handle specific softwares like adobe Photoshop perfectly.
      Right now, i’m studying in Lisbon, Portugal. So, I would need to buy it from some Portuguese store, in case I need to claim warranty.
      Anyway, I started my search and found som results, fort some Portuguese stores , i’ll leave a link below.
      I'm aware that a desktops like a Mac Pro would be a much suitable solution, but I need a laptop to take to classes.
      I think a 13” Model is enough since the retina screen helps me see details better, but I don’t understand the software requirements for each type of software.
      What do you guys think I sould buy?
      Feel free to make any question or suggestion!

My research:https://www.tecmagnet.com/produtos/equipamento/portateis?pagina=1&q=Apple+-+13%22+-+13-9%22+-+&id_marca=13&query=%5B%5B%2219%22%2C%2269%22%5D%5D
    • By rostacik
      hi gents.
      sorry if I post into a wrong forum, but I think this one is best I was able to find here.

so my problem :
      After last big update on 22.12. my track pad is not working at all. I wasn't present when the update happened, but I was told that "everything worked fine, but after reboot, trackpad is not working at all". I tried to reset SMC, reset NVRAM, remove old OS and make a clean install, nothing helps. trackpad sometimes works at the startup like 10-20s, then if stops.

Data about the machine :
      Current OS - High Sierra 10.13.2
      Mac BookPro (Retina, 13 inch, mid 2014)
      Model ID - MacBookPro11,1
      Boot ROM - MBP111.0142.B00
      SMC - 2.16f68

could you point me to some tool or some how to that would tell me if my HW is workig? how can I check, if my version of SMC or boot ROM is the correct one and is OK?

any help appreciated.
    • By Allan
      To what the WWDC use the official Apple's site.

Apple Events

Before click in the play button you must have this requirements:

Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology.
      HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
      Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation).

Source: Apple.

Follow the people get in on Apple's building here

Courtesy of 9to5Mac.
      Stay connected, this topic will be updated as Apple show us the news.
    • By Allan
      To what the WWDC use the official Apple's site.

Apple Events

Before click in the play button you must have this requirements:

Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology.
      HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
      Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation).

Source: Apple.

Follow the people get in on Apple's building here

Courtesy of 9to5Mac.
      Stay connected, this topic will be updated as Apple show us the news.

Click here to view the article
    • By espanico
      Salve, sto iniziando a realizzare app per iphone, e fino ad oggi ho utilizzato osx tramite vmware. Però la cosa è diventata un po ingestibile, quindi avevo pensato di prendere un notebook, in modo da poterlo portare anche in giro quando serve. Ma vorrei un vostro consiglio. Il bugdet massimo che vorrei investire è sui 600€, ho cercato molto sul mercato dell'usato, trovando anche qualcosa, ma non essendo esperto di pc apple, vorrei evitare fregature. Ecco le mie domande:

1) Mi conviene prendere un macbook 13" air/pro del 2011/2012  sui 600/650€ ? oppure avrei problemi (aggiornamenti, certificati da sviluppatore, etc) visto che sono già vecchi?
      2) Esiste un notebook sempre da 13" dove è possibile installare osx ?

Cosa mi consigliate di fare?