built-in ethernet card not recognized

dancemc87

6 posts in this topic

hey guys,

i installed the version 10.4.1 ("special edition" ^^) and i was able to boot osx, which was not possible with the JaS 10.4.7 dvd version ....

well, it runs now .... BUT the most important thing is not working:

the built-in ethernet is not recognized.

i have a benq laptop joybook r55, built-in (gigabit) ethernet as well of course, but osx doesnt want to accept it.

trying now to install osx combo updates to get him to 10.4.7 or 10.4.8, but i dont think this solves the problems.

any ideas??

thanks.

10.4.1 is old and busted. Apple made major changes to OSX starting with 10.4.3 and as a result, most current Intel OSX apps will not run on 10.4.1.

You cannot update 10.4.1 to 10.4.7 or 10.4.8 with combo updaters. You must have at least 10.4.4 to update using the combo updaters. 10.4.1 is just that different.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for you reply.

in the meantime i got my hands on "hackintosh" 10.4.8, the newest one ;-), but there the networking option is still not available for me.

i have the following network card:

marvell yukon 88E8055

a colleague of mine uses bootcamp on a real mac and there windows xp shows a built in !! marvell yukon 88E8053 !! - so not the big difference to my card, right.

but it really does not work and i dont know what to do, to make it work :-(

any ideas??

here are the other threads dealing with my problem:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=20678&hl=

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=15700&hl=

by the way:

which kernel would you suggest me to use??

semthex, mifki or just doing standard installation without configuring packages??

remember: i am a newbie in "hackintosh" ;-)

THANKS A LOT!!

You need to modify the device ID value for IOPCIPrimaryMatch in Info.plist file. This file is located at / System / Library / Extensions / IONetworkingFamily.kext / Contents / PlugIns / AppleYukon.kext/Contents. Correct value for 88E8055 is 0x436311AB. If you does not have AppleYukon.kext, try to update to the latest release.