3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently installed Octane Render, and since then I've noticed some issues with my Video Memory. I know that I don't have the best Video Card out there, but it has been performing just fine with After Effects and Premiere before I installed Octane.

I use iStat Menus to keep track of my system, and for a couple of days now I've noticed that my GeForce won't go above 30FPS and the Memory bar is almost half way full, pretty much all the time, this is without running Octane, Cinema 4D, Premiere or After Effects. 

Right now I have Spotify running, Chrome and Mail running and this is what Stat Menus shows:

post-1638976-0-44982200-1450985905_thumb.png

I've tried restarting the computer but somehow Memory is always like that. And also, sometimes my cursor gets huge on the screen for a fraction of time, and I've seen glitches on my screen.

Again this happens when I'm not using any render heavy applications, and it didn't happen before installing Octane.

When using Octane and After Effects, the memory bar of the GPU goes past halfway full, and I understand this, but how do I make it go back after using all the applications I use?

*What else can I try?

Is there a way to purge Video Memory like you purge Ram? I've done the NVRAM reset but that doesn't seem to help a lot.

If someone could explain how this Video Memory thing works I would greatly appreciate it, maybe I don't have a complete understanding of it.

Here are my system specs:

Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013)

OSX 10.11.1 - El Capitan

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB DDR3 - RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB - running the Web Driver not the OSX default.

* I have two monitors plugged into the MBP all the time.