"There were errors installing software"

EJW

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to install OSX into a A8N-VM CSM mobo based PC with a IDE drive. There are two partitions: one for XP and the other for OSX. I have tried 3 different versions of OSx release on DVD: 10.4.6, 10.4.6patched, 10.4.7-JAS. All gave me ""There were errors installing software". Based on my search, people have suggested firmware upgrade on DVD drive and use different DVD drives. I have done that and tried three different DVD drives. NO GO! Is there anything else that I need to check?

Thanks.

I had the same problem when I first started. Then I found that if I removed the check mark from the printer drivers I could install without a problem. Additional checking found that the problem was with the EPSON printer driver. The EPSON site says the drivers distributed by Apple are NOT for Intel systems - they are for PPC only.

If you need EPSON drivers they have some you can download after the install.

Don't know what your problem may be, but that is what solved it for me.

Good luck.

I only checked the AMD combo update and AMD kernel in 10.4.7-Jas (or something like that, I could not remember exactly the name of the entries).

But the printers and languages and such are already checked off by default above the patches section. He is suggesting un-checking the printers during the install.

To clarify,

"Printer Drivers":not checked

"Additional Fonts"

To clarify,

"Printer Drivers": not checked

"Additional Fonts": not-checked

"Language Translations": not checked

"X11": not checked

Under patch section:

"AMD combo update": checked

"AMD kernel": checked

Like I mentioned, I could not remember the exact entry names. I believe the above is for 10.4.7-Jas. For other versions, I have chosen something like ADM SSE3, etc since I have a AMD64 3000+. No sound drive, wireless support, and so on were checked. I tried to pick the minimum set of software in order for the installation to continue.

Thanks