El Capitan Hackintosh OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

David-Tripa

52 posts in this topic

In this case, install El Capitan, install Clover in the EFI of HD and copy/paste the EFI folder from pendrive's EFI to HD's EF

This post is actual for me.

I would like to know the meaning of this procedure and the reason for my asking is:

• I've made some installation and following it I've got the expecting result - bootable OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.
  • I've tried another installation and I can't boot the new installed OS X 10.11.6 EL Capitan no matter what I do with the folders in the EFI partitions of the three drives: installation USB drive, installation target HD drive, and the drive with the already installed and bootable OS X 10.11.6. The only option left is to clone the bootable EFI partition but, obviously, it is not a general solution.

What I see when Clover Boot Loader starts with both disks - the bootable and unbootabale - is:

• Boot from the bootable disk
  • Boot from the Recovery HD from the still unbootable disk
  • Boot from Windows

When I start Clover Boot Loader with the unbootable disk only, Clover offers to start from "Install" flash drive.

So, It doesn't see bootable disk!

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Edit:

The disk I'm talking about is SCSI my board is Intel S5520HC and Intel explicitly mention this board performs EFI boot from its SCSI controller although it EFI boots from SATA also. 

The bootable disk is SATA.

P.S. I need to try the second installation on a SATA disk. I've tried cloning the EFI partition from the bootable disk - the same thing, OS X works with both disks but the SCSI disk is still unbootable.

Maybe this is related to the board. I've already faced some problem with its EFI Optimized Boot  whch I sow metion in a Boot Windows Server context.

FINAL:

Sorry, this post was my mistake.

Nothing worked because my second installation was from another source. Clover Boot Loader boots the installed OS X 10.11.6 naturally  . 

In this case, install El Capitan, install Clover in the EFI of HD and copy/paste the EFI folder from pendrive's EFI to HD's EFI

In essence, this means:

• Make HDD's EFI partition bootable (install Clover)
  • Replace its EFI folder with the the EFI folder from the installation USB drive (its BOOTX64.efi knows what to do). :)