NVIDIA Web Driver Updater [UPDATE: 07/18/2016]

fantomas

122 posts in this topic

SIP disabled?

I am running 10.10.5, I think SIP   ( SYSTEM INTEGRITY PROTECTION ) is a feature from El Capitan.

with the old v1.0 is the same :wink_anim:

Ok, the fact is that I'm trying it with an ATI 5770 :hysterical: (no NVIDIA until my lappy come back from the service), later I'll try to debugging it better!

You're available for further testing?

Yes I can be your "Ginnie Pig"

• Like 1

Please try this one: attachicon.gifNVEnabler.kext.zip

I've adjusted it manually, kextutil complains IOProbeScore that was a string instead of an integer. Fixed.

Repair permissions and reboot... thanks

I try this on a clean install but it did not work.

The attached  Kext  is the one that works on my system:

When the Kext is install, this is what I see on system report:

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model:    Unknown nVidia card

Type:    GPU

Bus:    PCI

VRAM (Total):    256 MB

Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:    0x0848

Revision ID:    0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution:    1680 x 1050

Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:    Yes

Mirror:    Off

Online:    Yes

When no Kext install, this is what I get:

Display:

Type:    GPU

Bus:    PCI

VRAM (Total):    6 MB

Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:    0x0848

Revision ID:    0x00a2

Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution:    1680 x 1050

Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:    Yes

Mirror:    Off

Online:    Yes

NVEnabler.kext.zip

@insanelyAMDmac the kext generated by the app is exactly the same.

If you want help me understand what is wrong please place the NVEnabler.kext attached to your Desktop.

then run NVEnablerTest.sh in Terminal:

sudo /path/to/NVEnablerTest.sh

Now a "report.TXT" should be generate to your Desktop. Please post the result file.

Thanks

NVEnabler.kext.zip

NVEnablerTest.sh.zip

report TXT about my NVenabler.Kext

com.osxenablers.NVEnabler

Is loaded :D, and the kext is the one generated by the app... can't understand why is not working for @insanelyAMDmac  :worried_anim:

Thanks for testing

com.osxenablers.NVEnabler

Is loaded :D, and the kext is the one generated by the app... can't understand why is not working for @insanelyAMDmac  :worried_anim:

Thanks for testing

I executed the script in terminal and these are the results:

NVEnabler Generated by the App

(kernel) Kext com.osxenablers.NVEnabler not found for unload request.

Failed to unload com.osxenablers.NVEnabler - (libkern/kext) not found.

Notice: /Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext has debug properties set.

Diagnostics for /Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext:

Warnings:

Info dictionary property value is of incorrect type:

IOKitPersonalities.NVEnabler.IOProbeScore - should be <integer>

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

Warnings:

ERROR: invalid signature for com.osxenablers.NVEnabler, will not load

(kernel) Kext com.osxenablers.NVEnabler not found for unload request.

Failed to unload com.osxenablers.NVEnabler - (libkern/kext) not found.

/System/Library/Extensions/NVEnabler.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Working NVEnabler on my system loaded.

Notice: /Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext has debug properties set.

Diagnostics for /Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext:

Warnings:

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

Warnings:

kext file:///Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

How can I get the NVEnabler.kext generated by the App to be in the hash execption list to load?

I think that should resolved the mistery why, but I am also attaching the text report for both.

Report of 16.72 Kb is the not loaded Kext

Report of 16.80 kb is the loaded kext

report.TXT

report.TXT

No, as per your logs, kexts is the same, but the hash of the kexts is broken:

kext file:///Users/osx/Desktop/NVEnabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

That allow original kexts to be loaded because is untouched, the one in the app is the same binary and the same plist, but for example:

NVEnabler.kext folder (because a kext is a folder) and sub directory like NVEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS and NVEnabler.kext/Contents/Resources are totally created by NVIDIA Web Driver Updater.app

result: kext is the same (because the binary and the plist are the same), but the hash is different. 

Since Mavericks there's a whitelist of kexts accepted even if not signed, NVEnabler.kext is one in the list.

I'm pretty sure you can load that kext upgrading your bootloader to Enoch, and place ENVenabler.kext in /Extra/Extensions (the one inside your Yosemite partition)

Why not upgrade the bootloader? ..it's time.

PS 

if you want update the bootloader, to re-enable /Extra/Extensions kexts, you need also the kernel.plist  (/Extra/kernel.plist) with KernelBooter_kexts=Yes inside.

This is the file needed: kernel.plist.zip

EDIT

thanks for testing ;)

The system was install with Enoch and that was my original bootloader. Also keep in mind this is using AMD Kernel and I find some obstacles on my way and had to downgrade to Chameleon to make the Hard Drive bootable, Enoch was not finishing the script and instalation (but this is my system, nothing wrong with Enoch, I am sure)

If the feature is going to be on the App then I will tink that the users should be aware of the extra steps require to make NVEnabler work, not everyone is up to date (for some reasons) and it will fail because the hash is different.

But overall is very good.! Congratulations..!

If the feature is going to be on the App then I will tink that the users should be aware of the extra steps require to make NVEnabler work, not everyone is up to date (for some reasons) and it will fail because the hash is different.

But overall is very good.! Congratulations..!

Sorry nope, what apple do with NVEnabler.kext is a mistery  (why have decide to allow those/these hackintosh kexts: also my WifiInjector.kext, FakeSMC.kext, RehabMan ACPISmartBattery kext ecc.),

but NVEnabler was created to be editable, so the hash will always be broken, no way.

What I mean is that you are simply luky that the vbios in it made your card work, other users must configure it, that's why the interface allow that.

What I can do? Is to remove the "install NVEnabler.kext in SLE immediately" button. Just let users do as they want. (In El Capitan works because the csr configuration that allow that)

OT

if you want to try Enoch, just replace this  boot.zip  with one you have. (of course, made an USB stick with your actual bootloader and be sure to boot from there...just in case of problem)

Yes, it will be better to just place the NVEnabler.Kext on the Desktop and then have the user do the extra steps to each specific needs.

If El Capitan works, then rename the option to  " Install NVEnabler El Captian only"  for any others copy to Desktop. Thats it!

Enoch works the issue is to make the HD bootable, everytime I restore the Volumen I get an error and I have to boot using ISO file.

But thanks for the boot.!!

Yes, it will be better to just place the NVEnabler.Kext on the Desktop and then have the user do the extra steps to each specific needs.

If El Capitan works, then rename the option to  " Install NVEnabler El Captian only"  for any others copy to Desktop. Thats it!

Enoch works the issue is to make the HD bootable, everytime I restore the Volumen I get an error and I have to boot using ISO file.

But thanks for the boot.!!

I want aware users to only use /Extra/Extensions or /EFI/Clover/kexts. Better solution, I will remove the button.

For the bootloader I invite Yuo to explain the issue here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-23svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-1

maybe we can find a solution, just explain what happened, mobo spec etc..

OK good..! you should know better which option will work best..!

The booloader solution is very simple, just make a bootable ISO "Repair Hackintosh boot" it will not touch the extra folder or do any settings, is only use is to install the boot loader or repair it... thats all...!   Think like Apple, keep it simple and make it work..! "with just one line of code...... :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Salut Fantomas et Mick

Désolé de vous écrire en français mais là c'est trop complexe pour moi en anglais

Pourriez vous m'éclairer sur le fonctionnement de NVenabler

Et quel est l'utilité d'éventuellement le modifier

Amicalement

Et encore merci pour votre application totalement géniale 

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

my nvidia is a gt230 and i found the bios at techpowerup

when i used your tool , i was already having driver installed , i did used patch immediately but after install and i copied the rom

after using your software , i used the nvidia icon to change driver from osx to proprietary so it rebooted pc...

by now the display turns freezed at boot [ i use El Capitan with Chameleon Enoch Bootloader]

what parameter should i use to boot and repair ?

Salut Fantomas et Mick

Désolé de vous écrire en français mais là c'est trop complexe pour moi en anglais

Pourriez vous m'éclairer sur le fonctionnement de NVenabler

Et quel est l'utilité d'éventuellement le modifier

Amicalement

Et encore merci pour votre application totalement géniale 

Fred

Sorry for the late. It should help to inject some default properties to activate your card when you don't have a patched DSDT, you don't have these values in config.plist (using Clover) or you are using Chameleon/Enoch. Otherwise no need.

my nvidia is a gt230 and i found the bios at techpowerup

when i used your tool , i was already having driver installed , i did used patch immediately but after install and i copied the rom

after using your software , i used the nvidia icon to change driver from osx to proprietary so it rebooted pc...

by now the display turns freezed at boot [ i use El Capitan with Chameleon Enoch Bootloader]

what parameter should i use to boot and repair ?

If you read my previous post:             #103             (and previous too) you should only try that in /Extra/Extensions (not /S/L/E), I will remove this button, only no time to do that.

NVEnabler is skipped if you boot with -x, should be enough, but to be sure:

UseKernelCache=No -x

type that at boot time.

Sorry for the late. It should help to inject some default properties to activate your card when you don't have a patched DSDT, you don't have these values in config.plist (using Clover) or you are using Chameleon/Enoch. Otherwise no need.

hi,

okay, I understand better

It can only be used if using a single graphics card

like that is injected ROM

thank you a lot

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!!!  :)

New v1.4 has been released (thanks Micky)

What's New in Version 1.4 (See full changelog)

• 1.4 NVEnabler.kext can only be copied in Desktop (it is an invitation to install in /Extra or in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts).
  • 1.4 New HelperTool
  • 1.4 Fixed problem detecting the FS Protection.

http://www.insanelym...ver-updaterapp/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

you'll never have a beta web driver from Nvidia Driver Manager... unless the things change now that this application was born.   :P

As much unexpected than 10.11.6 - It seems that our app made this thing happen - nvidia manager shows a beta driver for the first time (it should have been done from the beginning).

881382nvidiamanagerbetadriver.png

Thanks Nvidia   ;)

• Like 2