Fujitsu Loox T70J Keyboard / Mouse Problems

idiotek

5 posts in this topic

I have just installed JaS 10.4.7 on my Fujitsu Loox T70J (P7010D equivalent in the western world). The basic specs: Intel Pentium M 1.1GHz processor (SSE2), 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 2 USB ports (no PS/2 port)

The installation went without problems and booting up the system was fine, but the notebook's keyboard and trackpad does not work. I am diagnosing the problems using an USB mouse and keyboard.

I have tried all of the following actions (as recommended from other forum posts and wikis):

* chown -R root:wheel for all directories and files under /System/Library/Extensions

* chmod to 0755 for all directories under /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

* chmod to 0644 for all files under /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

* remove /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache, then restart

* added kextunload and kextload for ApplePS2Controller.kext to /etc/rc file

* added platform=X86PC to kernel flags key in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

I am pulling all my hair out regarding this problem... any other ideas, or should I give up now?

Upon further reading, it has been suggested that the /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext directory should be removed as it may be causing conflict with some other extensions.

Has anyone tried this and resolved their keyboard / trackpad problems?

• 1 month later...
Upon further reading, it has been suggested that the /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext directory should be removed as it may be causing conflict with some other extensions.

Has anyone tried this and resolved their keyboard / trackpad problems?

Hi, I have a p7010 (not D), so I'm not sure if this will apply to you. My built in trackpad and keyboard did not work until i disabled Legacy USB support in the bios. Now they both work no problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi, on my Fujitsu notebook, modifications about ACPI and rc file were effective to make trackpad and built-in keyboard work.

To be suitable for my environment, <IONameMatch> classes in AppleACPIPlatform kext files (include plugins) were changed.

In my case , Legacy USB Support in the bios did not have to be canceled.

Edited by AKISHAN

Hi, on my Fujitsu notebook, modifications about ACPI and rc file were effective to make trackpad and built-in keyboard work.

To be suitable for my environment, <IONameMatch> classes in AppleACPIPlatform kext files (include plugins) were changed.

In my case , Legacy USB Support in the bios did not have to be canceled.

What changes? What key <IONameMatch>? Could you write step-by-step gide, please ;)