very problem with alc653!

pjcau

5 posts in this topic

hello to all, for before the time I have installed the 10.4.6 in my PC. all it goes well except the audio card. the chipset it is via vt8251 and alc653. I do not know a lot, therefore if you help me you write step step the one which I must write.hi

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP, same here.

Tried a LOT of .kexts and chmod-idding, chowning and putting files from one kext into another. i.e. AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext

Somebody, please.

I've been working for 5 hours on this straight... :C.

Weird thing is, another thread said his kext should work on all VIA VT92** chipsets...

• 3 months later...

hey guys,

same problem here, but i found out it works for seconds if i switch output from "spdif out" to "line out" and back.

did you manage to get it working?

thx

BUMP, same here.

Tried a LOT of .kexts and chmod-idding, chowning and putting files from one kext into another. i.e. AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext

Somebody, please.

I've been working for 5 hours on this straight... :C.

Weird thing is, another thread said his kext should work on all VIA VT92** chipsets...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone!

I bought ASUS P5VDC-MX (VIA P4M800 PRO + VIA VT8251) with Realtek ALC653 built-in audio and no way I can fix my audio no matter what I try from forum.

It's interesting because in System summary it reads "no buil-in audio", but I can change volume and in system preferences I can change output to AC97 ACM. Usually after restart I get a second of normal sound but that is all.

I've tried all kinds of .kexts in this forum but nothing. I've seen that there were people with the same problem like me so please if someone knows exactly what to do help me.

Also why it takes couple of times to restart entire system to finaly boot normaly? I'm using JaS 10.4.8. on HFS+ HD.

Please help!

• 8 months later...