Using PartitionMagic/Acronis/Terminal to set active...

OSX86 Noob

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a tiny question that I want to make it clear since I cannot boot my OSX natively while all the Mac files are proven to be physically installed into the harddisk.

Um... First of all, I have to clarify that I am now still unable to boot into the installer natively thru DVD, but I can do so in VMware. And.. MacOSX is doing all well on VMware.

I know I have to set the MacOS partition to active in order to boot from it. But I couldn't do it in the terminal way, so instead I do it in the PartitionMagic way.

I used the PQBoot/PQBoot for Windows in PartitionMagic 8.0 to reboot my computer to the MacOS AF partition (disk0s2, primary, type AF).

I wonder if this one is a proven way to set the MacOS partition to ACTIVE? If not, then this maybe the cause. Can you suggest any methods other than going into the terminal thru installer so that I could use it to set the partition to ACTIVE truly?

Thank you! :)

For my natively unbootable problem, please refer to: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30472

Happy OSX86ing,

Leo

Hey there,

I'm having similar problems. I can run OSX in VMWare, but I can't boot natively. Setting the partition active didn't solve my problem, and I used several methods to do so. I'm still waiting for some hand-holding before I just strip my OSX partition off and start over again (I had it working with 10.4.6 earlier, natively, but I got greedy).