samsung r780 boot issues

Dkirby

1 post in this topic

Hi guys, i'm really reluctant to make this post and be THAT guy, but i'm seriously stumped as i'm quite ignorant to the ways of the hackintosh and just beginning to learn. 

i recently picked up iATKOS Y and have been trying to create a dual boot with W7, which was botched on the first attempt. 

Every install seems to run smoothly but when it comes to booting from the HD it seems to fail every time, i managed to get to the sign in once after about 30 attempts with different flags but it just beach balled after typing in a password for 30 mins. 

booting in safe mode provides no joy aswell as single user mode. coupled with an incredible amount of errors it seems when trying to locate different kexts.

I'm trying to install on a samsung r780 i3 model spec sheet below. 

Brand Samsung Item Weight 4.3 Kg Product Dimensions 48.4 x 41.4 x 10.8 cm Item model number NP-R780-JS04UK Series R780-JS04 Form Factor Desktop Replacement Screen Size 17.3 inches Processor Brand Intel Processor Type Core i3 Processor Speed 2130 MHz Processor Count 2 RAM Size 4 GB Hard Drive Size 500 GB Graphics Card Description GeForce 310M Graphics Card Ram Size 512 MB Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Lithium Battery Energy Content 44.4 watt_hours Lithium Battery Packaging batteries_packed_with_equipment Lithium Battery Weight 350 Grams

should i upload a photo/video of the boot screen if that would help?