Help! Just one more step to success......

OSX86 Noob

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, nice to meet you, I'm from Hong Kong and my name's Leo.

After sitting here for the whole day and searching through the forum, I almost got all the questions solved.

I attempted to install through VMWare to native, and MacOSX 10.4.7 (JaS repack) is running fine on the virtual machine.

VM Config.:

Guest OS Type: Windows NT

HD: Physical drive, independent-persistant

Allocated space: Primary, type AF, right after the Windows XP NTFS partition (i.e. disk0s2)

However, after setting the MacOSX partition (it's on primary and set to type AF already) to active and restarting it, the machine just hangs at the gray apple screen, without showing the mouse pointer anyway.

Then I tried to interrupt the booting by pressing F8 before the gray screen appears in order to boot it in verbose mode. The loading stopped at the line:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><String ID="2">boot_uuid_media</string></dict>

Can anyone please tell me what's the reasoning for this and how can I solve it?

Coz I think it's really strange if it could work normally on VM but not on the real machine..

Thank you! :):compress:

P.S. Configurations:

MB: Intel DQ965GF (w/ on board display/sound/LAN)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz)

RAM: Samsung 512Mb x 2 @ 533 (Dual channel)

HD: Western Digital 320Gb KS (runs on SATA-II)

Hi Leo,

You're doing good so far, I reckon it's the DVD letting you down. Try burning the iso again at the lowest speed possible. OS X is very picky about media, so this should be the first thing you try.

Also, some people have trouble with sata, so if you can set your drive as IDE in the bios, this will help,

Good luck,

Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply Andy. :D:D

Well it is true that I couldn't boot my machine from the DVD anyway, no matter it's 10.4.6 (HotISO) or 10.4.7(Jas). I have no idea where the problem lies, but anyway... As long as it works and installs fine on VMWare, I'll regard the quality of the buring as ok. In addition, the MacOS has already been installed to the harddisk physically thru VMware already, so I don't think I'll have to put the DVD in for booting anymore.. What I am focusing now is how to boot the OS successfully from the harddisk.

Anyway.. that's a good suggestion. I will do that burning for 10.4.8. THanks! :D:D

The 2nd problem you raised on SATA is the most suspicious thing in my mind now..

After lots of googling, people say that most Intel SATA controllers are supported by MacOS. And in my case, my motherboard is an Intel one, so I think it should be supported, right? (I've installed the Intel.10.4.8 combo update, Intel SSE3 and Wireless driver during installation).

What's more? I've also gone into bios and tried setting SATA as IDE/RAID/AHCI, even Legacy! But none of them worked....

I'm really pissed off and running out of ideas now... Anyone please.... If you see this thread, please help me or at least give me some advice or directions to think about.... thank you so much! :D:idea:

i've browsed some more threads and found out that if a system starts properly, it should show something like below:

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid",

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID 7D725F10-3FF1-3AB1-9B8F-284D0D5C0B29

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: USB caused wake event (EHCI)

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH6-M SATA (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xbfa8)

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 364fc000325b00e1; max speed s400.

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelICHxSATA: ICH6-M SATA (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xbfa0)

Sep 7 14:03:10 localhost kernel[0]: in6_ifattach_loopback: failed to configure the loopback address on lo0 (errno=55)

From above, the next line right after the one my system stopped at should be "localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCardBridge::start failed" ... So.. I guess the reason that caused my computer to stop should somehow be related to the "IOPCCardBridge" thing, right...?

Can anyone please explain what that line means.. so that I can try solving the problem towards that direction. thanks! =)

Leo

So.. I guess the reason that caused my computer to stop should somehow be related to the "IOPCCardBridge" thing, right...?

The PCCardBridge is found in laptops. It is the software that communicates with the controller for the PC Card (PCMCIA) slots which are the expansion slots in a laptop - for those small cards you insert into the side of the laptop.

The PCCardBridge is found in laptops. It is the software that communicates with the controller for the PC Card (PCMCIA) slots which are the expansion slots in a laptop - for those small cards you insert into the side of the laptop.

Oh I see. So that should not be an issue for my desktop computer.

Most recent update:

I've installed MacDrive 6 and tried to browse the partition with MacOS installed inside Windows XP.

It shows a total size of 15.6GB, with 11.5GB of free space.

So this proves that MacOSX has already been physically installed to the parition thru VMware.

Below, I attached the screenshot I took in the toppest layer of the MacOSX partition.

What should I do next? please advice.

post-59067-1161177837_thumb.jpg

Recently, I found that the line that follows "Waiting on <dict ID="0">..........</dict>" should be:

ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep

What's this line about? Which hardware will be related to this line?

Could someone please explain this so that I can work towards that direction. Thank you!

Good day,

Leo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

it does work according to this guy

TPM can be disabled in the BIOS. so that isn't the issue.

this seems to be an issue with the 965 chipset in general.

basically, your install DVD needs to be in the same SATA controller as your Hard drive. Or in a USB enclosure. But it won't install or see your SATA drives if you install from an IDE DVD-ROM. Great ain't it?

I tried installing via Vmware, but i get the same problem as you