Patching Cirrus Logic CS4213 (10134213) on Dell Vostro 3360

eddyprasetyo

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I'am new to this forum, even newbie on hackintosh. I was succeed installing yosemite on my Dell Vostro 3360 with clover. Everything works greats. Sound work with voodoohda (just analog speaker, mic, and jack, no audio on HDMI), but like RehabMan said, it's better to use patched AppleHDA than voodoo, so here we go.

Coredump from ubuntu (attached) give me information that the hardware are Cirrus Logic 4213, so the codec was CS4213. Been searching for almost entire interwebs ( I think , lol) for this codec, but so far I just found Hackintosh vietnam tool that do patch this codec based on their changelog , but failed on 10.10.2 . And only a few people on this forum using this codec, yet the're still failed with AppleHDA.

Following Mirone's guide, I'am stuck with editing platform.xml, and there's no script for patching binary AppleHDA for this codec. Codecgraph output is simple comparing to ALC based codec from the Mirone's guide, and yet I can't make it to platform.xml. I hope someone can help me trough this.

Vanilla AppleHDA on 10.10.2 contain so many entry with Cirrus Logic 4206 (Mac mini? ), I hope it will work on his sibling :D

Many thanks,

Edd

yosemite-eddy.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same chipset for audio. Mirone got it mostly working for me with AppleHDA+HDAEnabler3. I will upload them here to you and you can try it. Mute does not work.

Backup original AppleHDA from /System/Library/Extensions, install these into /Extra/Extensions, rebuild caches and patch DSDT for layout 12 and reboot.

I also get the "AppleHDA cannot be found in /S/L/E". :(

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ilovebooze420

Sori for the long delay to reply, been away for a while...

I tried your attached AppleHDA, and I noticed that the version was 2.6.3 , not the latest one 269.25 . Did this come from maverics?

The speaker works though, the microphone doesnt.
Let me see the layout and pathmap, and see if its fit with my dumped verbits from linux