HP Elitebook 8560p AMD Radeon 6470m distorted graphics 10.9

smaxx2010

6 posts in this topic

My HP 8560p with AMD Radeon 6470m has issues. It is a Niresh12495 Mavericks 10.9 build plus Jan 2015 PBI and DSDT and Clover and Config copied from another identical config model of another insanelymac user. My graphics is distorted with a bunch of warped colors and text is glossy gray. Weird. Installed latest ProBook installer January 28 release with clover uefi from it as well as the 8x60 AMD support. Copied EFI folder as provided by a user that had the same model of laptop (8560p AMD 6470m)  including config and dsdt. clover settings inject edid, inject AMD, Load VBIOS framebuffer personality set to Lotus. The laptop has a 1366x768 screen. Resolution works with QE/CI but the display is all chromed and distorted. Tried disable edid injection, tried changing color profile in Displays Prefs but nothing works to get rid of the chromed look of the interface. I really need help on how to fix this issue, i have a feeling my edid must be correct as display shows a full screen with full res and qe/ci because launchpad appears to load and exit smoothly, which would be vertical blinds if no acceleration. I would love if someone could help save my life on getting the interface to look colored and styled the standard Mavericks way...I am typing this on the weird interface, sorry if text may look like typos all over as text is fuzzy so i can't tell what i type clearly...Please guide me in the right direction on how to make this puppy work with the last roadblock that is holding me up (this very display issue) on making my machine ready for the road....Thanks in advance guys!  :)

My HP 8560p with AMD Radeon 6470m has issues. It is a Niresh12495 Mavericks 10.9 build plus Jan 2015 PBI and DSDT and Clover and Config copied from another identical config model of another insanelymac user. My graphics is distorted with a bunch of warped colors and text is glossy gray. Weird. Installed latest ProBook installer January 28 release with clover uefi from it as well as the 8x60 AMD support. Copied EFI folder as provided by a user that had the same model of laptop (8560p AMD 6470m)  including config and dsdt. clover settings inject edid, inject AMD, Load VBIOS framebuffer personality set to Lotus. The laptop has a 1366x768 screen. Resolution works with QE/CI but the display is all chromed and distorted. Tried disable edid injection, tried changing color profile in Displays Prefs but nothing works to get rid of the chromed look of the interface. I really need help on how to fix this issue, i have a feeling my edid must be correct as display shows a full screen with full res and qe/ci because launchpad appears to load and exit smoothly, which would be vertical blinds if no acceleration. I would love if someone could help save my life on getting the interface to look colored and styled the standard Mavericks way...I am typing this on the weird interface, sorry if text may look like typos all over as text is fuzzy so i can't tell what i type clearly...Please guide me in the right direction on how to make this puppy work with the last roadblock that is holding me up (this very display issue) on making my machine ready for the road....Thanks in advance guys!  :)

Throw Niresh away, use a vanilla installer, install OS X then use PBI CE and hack it through your way ( I'm behind the 6x60/8x60p AMD graphics model in that tool ) https://bitbucket.org/dhnguyenit/hp-probook-installer-clover-edition/downloads

Edit: Don't delete anything when install OS X. You can boot in using InjectATI=False and boot without cache

Thanks vusun123

I will take a vanilla app store Mavericks (not yosemite - eww, too many bugs and problems still) and diskinstallerX to make the usb and clover boot loader the usb and reboot then once installed i boot clover usb to boot the Macintosh HD and PBI the build with 8x60 AMD support and DSDT for that model selections an do the Clover UEFI selection as well in the installer and reboot and i am sure the graphics will work right away even with InjectATI=false and no boot caches.... :-) 

Sounds like it won't require complex config and file patching if i do it that way....I kinda hate niresh anyways cuz it makes it weird and too "branded" for me...I like the Mac look so it doesn't look hacked even if it is....

It will already be 10.9.5 when it comes from app store i am sure so no software updates on OS X to ever worry about on system updates...

No,  :( sadly it does not work. boot up the first time on vanilla os x mavericks with inject ati false does not show working graphics on reboot. 16bit color it looks like at 1366x768 and no acceleration!!! (there is bands of gradients on the logon screen) I am fed up with this darn laptop...How can I make it work aside from buying an 8560p Intel graphics enabled motherboard with HD3000 graphics???  :(  :(  :(  :(

vusun123, how is it done? Do you have a 1600x900 screen? Is that why i have failed even though i reboot after patching a vanilla with clover and doing injectati=false and reboot again with normal settings even though 8x60p amd option on pro book installer was checked and so was the DSDT of 8x60p AMD? This is so weird to me that nothing has worked on my 8560p AMD with 10.9.5...

No,  :( sadly it does not work. boot up the first time on vanilla os x mavericks with inject ati false does not show working graphics on reboot. 16bit color it looks like at 1366x768 and no acceleration!!! (there is bands of gradients on the logon screen) I am fed up with this darn laptop...How can I make it work aside from buying an 8560p Intel graphics enabled motherboard with HD3000 graphics???  :(  :(  :(  :(

vusun123, how is it done? Do you have a 1600x900 screen? Is that why i have failed even though i reboot after patching a vanilla with clover and doing injectati=false and reboot again with normal settings even though 8x60p amd option on pro book installer was checked and so was the DSDT of 8x60p AMD? This is so weird to me that nothing has worked on my 8560p AMD with 10.9.5...

I recommend Yosemite, as I test with my friend's laptop on Yosemite