10.10.1 sometimes restarts during boot - Clover

themusicalduck

2 posts in this topic

Edit: Possibly have fixed this. I got my screen back to normal by setting the resolution in Clover to 1024x768. It seemed like CPUSensors.kext was causing the reboots. Since I removed that kext from the FakeSMC.kext Plugins folder, I've not had the problem again.

I have a generally very stable, vanilla hackintosh running that works perfectly well once it is booted. The problem is that occasionally it will fail to boot and restarts after a few seconds. I'm using the latest version of Clover.

Hardware - Gigabyte GA-z77x-up5 TH, HD4000 graphics, OCZ SSD and not much else of interest.

It's very difficult for me to see what the issue is because when I boot in verbose mood, my screen for some reason looks like this. Completely unreadable (if anyone has an idea why this happens, I would appreciate some advice on it too. I'm using a mini displayport to active DVI-D adaptor for my 1440p Korean monitor). I also can't seem to find any log of the boot anywhere. I actually tried running Clover in debug mode, but as I figured, it only shows information about starting Clover itself, not the boot process.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.