Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

OSX Yosemite (Hackintosh Zone Distro) doesn't boot installer

5 posts in this topic

I have: 

1. AMD FX 8350 CPU at stock speed 

2. Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3 Revision 4 motherboard with the F3i Beta UEFI/BIOS update

3. EVGA GeForce GTX 660 3Gb Graphics Card (I'm using the DVI-D Connector)

4. 1 2TB Seagate HDD and 1 160Western Digital HDD (I want to install OS X on this one)

I have the OS X Yosemite Zone distro on my 8Gb flash drive.

My computer can boot to the screen where I'm asked to type in boot flags.

Since I have an AMD FX CPU, I type -amdfx -v

However, after pressing "return", it starts loading a BUNCH  of files (takes about 20 seconds) , but then it restarts my computer. I don't know what the last line is because it moves very fast, and then reboots my computer.

I've tried -f, -v, -x, -F, etc.. but none actually boot the system.

I remember a while ago, I installed a Niresh Distro, that mostly worked, but I don't remember which one it was.

Any help?

I think you have just to type amdfx not -amdfx, because when you type -amdfx it loads a kernel named -amdfx

If I type it without the the dash it says, "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/amdfx

Press a key to continue..."

If I type it without the the dash it says, "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/amdfx

Press a key to continue..."

I've got the exact same error on similar hardware. Did you ever manage to solve this one mate?

Which bootloader are you using? Clover, chameleon? Try filming it and see what is the last line before the reboot. Also, I don't recommend using distros like niresh or anything else. Use the search, there are really great tutorials in this forum on installing hackintosh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this