I cannot get audio to work through the optical S/PDIF port (ALC888)

xraycat

6 posts in this topic

I've got pretty much everything working the way I need it to except getting the optical port to work. I get sound out of the "internal speakers" and I've read a number of sites discussing this audio chip with OSX86 but I can't get it to work with the kexts in Mult1beast.

Motherboard is Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

post-686517-0-74603200-1420267807_thumb.jpg

post-686517-0-34230900-1420267822_thumb.jpg

I've got pretty much everything working the way I need it to except getting the optical port to work. I get sound out of the "internal speakers" and I've read a number of sites discussing this audio chip with OSX86 but I can't get it to work with the kexts in Mult1beast.

Motherboard is Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

try this one,and next time write your signature here,what version you run?10.6.8 or? :hysterical:

ALC888+DSDT edit.zip

To be honest, I don't know what to do with those files.

I didn't use a DSDT to get where I'm at. I did try but I wasn't sure it was exactly compatible. My BIOS is the F9a from Gigabyte's site but the DSDTs I've seen only say F9. When I tried going without a DSDT and everything worked I didn't think a DSDT would be worth it considering I wasn't exactly sure what was going on.

As for version, I posted this in the Yosemite section so I thought that would make it clear. I'm on 10.10.1.

I installed these using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. It allows me to use the front headphone jack and the output device list in OSX changes between "headphones" and "line out." The other analog outputs and rear inputs also now work. The front mic input does not work but that doesn't matter to me.

Unfortunately the rear optical port is no longer listed as an output device and isn't working.

post-686517-0-26050500-1420523440_thumb.png