"STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICES" HELP

Daniele Sarnari

33 posts in this topic

I am not sure what else to suggest at present apart from you looking here, but I have also PM'd you details of the Snow Leopard installation guide, so you can see if you can get Snow Leopard running first to sort out the hardware / BIOS settings.....

Ok thanks, now at diskutility i want format an partition from nfts to mac os journaled but when i try to do it the diskutility say "can't modify partition map". How i can fix it ._.

Boot into Single User Mode using -s during boot

At the command prompt, type:

/sbin/fsck -fy

When fsck command is complete, type “exit” or “reboot” to reboot. Then boot normally, and see if Disk Utility works as it should....

It appears that you may not have a properly installed OS X system..........as I am not familiar with the Niresh distro setup and what it does / does not install, all I can suggest is that you follow my OS X Yosemite Retail install guide but using the AMD 10.10 kernel and required kexts.......

It appears that you may not have a properly installed OS X system..........as I am not familiar with the Niresh distro setup and what it does / does not install, all I can suggest is that you follow my OS X Yosemite Retail install guide but using the AMD 10.10 kernel and required kexts.......

Ok i sucessfully install it but after some restart the graphic card doens't work..i am trying to reinstall it but i don't work if it will work too. Thanks for all verdant!

I assume you are using Chameleon as a boot loader with

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If this is not working, you may need to use a DSDT GFX0 patch.....

I assume you are using Chameleon as a boot loader with

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

If this is not working, you may need to use a DSDT GFX0 patch.....

Hello,
I wanted to tell you that I formatted the computer and reinstalled niresh Yosemite. I'm stuck at the first boot to "still waiting for root device". I tried with several kext but there is nothing to do. What do you advise me to do? Thanks bro

You need to have installed the AppleNForceATA.kext into /System/Library/Extensions on the USB flash drive installer and into /System/Library/Extensions on the OS X target hard drive volume.....as I said I am not familiar with the Niresh distro setup and what it does / does not install, so cannot help you with a Niresh based install.

I can only suggest you follow my OS X Yosemite Retail install guide to make a USB flash drive installer using the AMD 10.10 kernel and only the kexts needed by a AMD CPU based MOBO.