Help with syntax error in DSDT :(

synake

12 posts in this topic

I have only 10 errors in my DSDT , but I'm newbie and do not know how to fix ... can someone help me ... ? thx .

Example:  syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting ')'

You may need ACPI 5.0, or it could be that you disassembled incorrectly. A bit hard to tell with no hardware details in your signature.

You will get a better disassembly if you disassemble all at once...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

In Linux Terminal:

# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST
Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory (rename them to *.aml as you move them) and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads

cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml
Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have less errors to deal with.
  • Like 1

hanks for replying ! ... I have extracted the pure dsdt from a clean install of windows 8.1, I do not think I can be very different if I take from linux! I have also compile using the SSDT ... MaciASL ... I can do this procedure you suggest me to " iasl " on terminal Yosemite ? remember I am newbie all this is complicated means to me :(

hanks for replying ! ... I have extracted the pure dsdt from a clean install of windows 8.1, I do not think I can be very different if I take from linux! I have also compile using the SSDT ... MaciASL ... I can do this procedure you suggest me to " iasl " on terminal Yosemite ? remember I am newbie all this is complicated means to me :(

Still no hardware details...

This is the DSDT and SSDT pure without compiling ... I want to add one battery, audio and if possible brightness ... apply these patches I found to my notebook. To extract the original dsdt in windows 8.1 I used the application RW-Everything.

Your DSDT will compile (ACPI 4.0) without errors with only "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

thanks friend could not have without your help ... now only quedarn these " warnings " ... but I think they are important not ? ... with the SSDT ... I also keep in EXTRA folder? without compiling ? THX!

Only errors matter.

ok thanks , now I have the dsdt , if I apply patches to brightness ... I install the kext "OS -X- ACPI - backlight" , ....brightness is enabled or something more complex ?

No hardware details in your signature, no ideas...

• 2 weeks later...