Automator workflow/service or Applescript for looped edits in Preview

shape5

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I was originally trying this with Automator, but if someone can guide me to accomplishing this easier with Applescript then feel free, though i haven't worked with it before.  I am trying to get specific actions within a workflow looped. I just need the workflow to process a single image file continuously so the selected edits repeat within the 1 file until i stop the loop. Here are some basic actions i'm trying to get started with:

1 - get specified finder items
2 - copy finder items
3 - scale images
4 - crop images
5 - loop

The problem is that i want to loop only actions 3 & 4, but the loop starts over at 1 and creates a new file each time it loops. Can i create 2 workflows where the 2nd one (containing actions 3/4/5) starts when the first (containing 1/2) ends so only the 2nd workflow is looped? I'm not sure how to tell the 2nd one to start when the first ends though. Do i just set the input of the 2nd to use the 1st workflow file?

or if it's possible to run this as a service from within Preview that's fine too.  Originally i had this setup as WMD (watch me do) actions but Automator won't record the selection tool. if i can get the selection tool recorded then i can keep it as a WMD based workflow.  Acorn (for crop/scale i believe) & Extra Suites (Applescript app for recording the mouse click & draw) were apps i saw mentioned on other posts that came up on google searches which might be able to help accomplish this workflow or script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks