Outlook messages missing after Yosemite update

borbanderw

8 posts in this topic

Same thing happened to me in Outlook 2011 recently, not directly after an upgrade to Yosemite though. It actually happened simultaneously on both my hack and MBP.

In the end I just re-downloaded everything from the server. Hopefully that option is available to you. If not try restoring 'Microsoft User Data' folder in ~/Documents.

That's not good. In this case, the only available solution is to rebuild the identity using Microsoft Database Utility. Prior to rebuilding, I would suggest you to backup the Identity located in Documents/Microsoft User Data folder at a separate location. After backing up identity folder, you may launch Microsoft Database Utility from Finder -> Applications -> Utilities and rebuild the identity.

I would suggest you to try rebuilding again after moving outlook data into a new identity. If that doesn't help either, the identity might be corrupt beyond repairs. In this case, the only solution that I have found is to use a third party application to recover messages directly from outlook database or identity. The name of application is Outlook Mac Database Recovery. If this also doesn't work for you, I do not have any further solutions.

• Like 1

Thanks leo!! You are a life saver! I was able to recover each individual email from corrupted Outlook database using this Outlook Mac Database Recovery utility. Though, it costed a bit but for the work it did it is worth much more than it costed. Not only was I able to recover emails but it also gave me an opton to migrate recovered data into Apple Mail, which I did happily as I am so over Outlook. Once again Thanks a lot for your continued support. Do let me know if there is something that I can do for you as I wholeheartedly appreciate the help and support provided.