no inatallation

ronikondo

11 posts in this topic

i managed to burn a iso dvd.

i set my laptop to a cd booting. i pushed f8 and "enter" on "darwin86" . it than started installation . i saw an apple image, bot it got stuck like this for an hour till i shut my computer down.

than i also tried to hit v and than enter. it started some process and stoped somewhere.

what shoul i do next ?

Put your hard drive and dvd drive on the same cable. Set the hard drive to master and the DVD drive to slave using jumpers, not cable select.

If you are on a laptop, then you probably can't do this, so you need to install via VMWare to your hard drive partition. Once you install OSX via VMWare, you do not need VMWare to run OSX: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11314

in your opinion - this file soult fit my laptop ?

in your opinion - this file sould fit my laptop ?

in your opinion - this file ( mac vmware image 1.28gb ) sould fit my laptop ?

and i should create a iso dvd with extracting one of the subfolders in the file and that it?

than booting and installing from it ?

That picture is for a really old version of OSX that only installs through VMWare.

You need to go to the VMWare website and download the VMWare installer and install that in Windows. Run VMWare in Windows. Insert the OSX DVD you created into the DVD drive. Follow the instructions for setting up VMWare and installing it to the hard drive partition per the guide I pointed to above.

Look, installing OSX on a PC is not easy and requires a lot of tinkering. You must be very familiar with a PC and how it operates. You are probably going to end up editing some files using the command line in Unix. So far, you've had a lot of trouble following most of what is going on. Downloading an image, joining RAR's, expanding a RAR file, burning the resulting ISO to a DVD, downloading and setting up VMWare have all baffled you so far. It might be time to step back and consider putting this project on the shelf for a while until you gain more experience in these things.