Problems with Bootloader and Bootflags

RutenRudi

10 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm new but I still hope eligable for asking for your help (btw, nice idea with that quiz, haha :) )!

I tried to install Mavericks on my Hackintosh, but it was a bit buggy and so I decided to stay with Mountain Lion.

Here's the Hardware:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, GeForce Quadro FX 4800 for Mac, 32GB DDR3, Intel Core i7 2600

So far it runs well, I updated to 10.8.5, installed nVidia Drivers, I have network and sound working, TRIM is working -

but I can't get my Bootloader to work, and I always have to boot with GraphicsEnable=Yes as bootflag.

First regarding the Bootflag - I usually boot the Hackintosh with the stick I used to install ML, normal booting is not possible unless I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. For the installation, PCIRooUID=0 had to be used, GraphicsEnabler became a necessity AFTER I installed the Drivers by nVidia. I can not show you a photograph of -v when booting without bootflag, as the screen suddenly turns black at some point :(

From what I understand, using GraphicsEnabler is not that good, so is there a way around it?

My second problem is the Bootloader itself, as it doesn't work. I can't boot using it, even if I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

If I use the install-stick of ML, it boots properly when using the bootflag. Here's an image of the Bootloader I'm using (I hope it's not toal {censored}, I followed online guides) and the lasst message I get when using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes": http://imgur.com/a/IJ9pU

Any ideas?
Or would it make sense to install a proper bootloader, add GraphicsEnabler to the pbootlist and live with it?

Why you think if GE=Yes  is not good? Some VGA cards works with this bootflag, otherwise you have a black screen at the end of boot.

Add the string to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and don't worry, it's all ok.

Hi there carbo,

I was told it's unstable. if that's not the case, that would be cool of course, I don't mind putting it into the plist :)

But do you have any idea about the bootloader, what I can do about that? Or should I use a different one?

Add the bootflag to the plist, if the system is unstable is not for that (in your case)

About the bootloader, you use Chameleon and you have boot0=error at boot?

If yes, try this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285021-risolvere-lerrore-boot-0/

(I don't know if there is a similar guide in English)

Hi there carbo,

I think I'm using Chimera (I can imagine you don't support these apps here, I just installed it after a guide)

Here you can see what happens when I use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v" for boot with it: http://imgur.com/a/IJ9pU

Is that a boot0=error?

Is it safe to just install Chameleon "over" the existing Chimera? And is 2.2 r2404 the preferred version to use? It seems to be the newest one