Several problems

jekyll917

2 posts in this topic

Installed OSX 10.4.6 today and successfully booted by using Acronis OS selector. And here's the problems I met:

1. Everytime i click restart OSX, it looks already shut down finder and docks. But it always stuck at the spinning icon phase. Then every time i have to press reset button to reboot.

2. Since after fresh installed OSX86, the resolution is 1024 x 768. And then I tried Macvidia 1.08 installer, then reboot and select 'unknown operation system' in acronis, it showes 'Loading Darin x86', then turns into the gray screen with the apple.

*After about 5 seconds, the screen got covered with a darkened color and said 'You need to restart your computer or hold power button' something like that in 5? language. Actually before i install the macvidia installer it's okay but only with low resolution.

3. Everytime i chose OSX in Acronis OS selector, it directly turn to 'Loading Darwin x86' and then grey screen. So how can I get into the safe mode of OSX?

Information:

XP 20G on C: parition 1 / OSX 60G on D: partition 2

Spec:

P4 2.8C

512MB x 2 RAM

ABIT IS-7 E Mobo

7800GS AGP

80G WD IDE HD

250G ST SATA HD

SB LIVE!

Input appreciated, thx :)

When you boot OSX, the screen first turns black then grey with a spinning icon. AJust as soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key quickly and repeatedly until a command prompt appears. If the grey screen appears, you were not quick enough. Try again and be faster.

Type: -v to go into verbose mode to see what errors are being generated.

Type: -x to go into safe mode. But this doesn't usually disable video drivers.

Type: -s to go into single user mode. This is a command line interface.

To remove the Macvidia driver in single user mode (-s), type:

Type mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVidiaHAL.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
reboot