Brightness control missing and app store issue on 10.9.4

ursonly11

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have searched extensively regarding brightness control and the solutions that I found are related to PNLF - DSDT editing. However I am not using DSDT right now and do not want to use at all. Is there a way to get display brightness control on my hackintosh without touching DSDT.

Second problem is with AppStore it says "Your device or computer could not be verified."

Tried below flags already.

EthernetBuiltin=Yes

PCIrootID=1

Configuration :

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Dell Inspiron N5010

2.39 GHz Intel Core i3

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 550v 1024 MB

SMBIOS - MacBook Pro 8,1

snapshot.tiff

Hi,

I have searched extensively regarding brightness control and the solutions that I found are related to PNLF - DSDT editing. However I am not using DSDT right now and do not want to use at all. Is there a way to get display brightness control on my hackintosh without touching DSDT.

Second problem is with AppStore it says "Your device or computer could not be verified."

Tried below flags already.

EthernetBuiltin=Yes

PCIrootID=1

Configuration :

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Dell Inspiron N5010

2.39 GHz Intel Core i3

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 550v 1024 MB

SMBIOS - MacBook Pro 8,1

For Mac App Store access you need built-in Ethernet at 'en0'.

Why rule out DSDT edits to fix backlight?

• Like 1

Everything is working perfect without DSDT. I am just worried that using DSDT might add up to my problems.

Also of you can guide me to safe and perfect procedure for this editing, that would be great

I have got the AppStore working, thanks for the help.

Please suggest on brightness thing. I seriously want to rule out DSDT as everything is in order without DSDT. Still if there is no option then please let me know the right procedure which will not impact anything else. :)

Thanks Sir