No Onboard USB

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I hope someone can help with this.

I have installed the MYZ 10.4.6 ISO and as per my sig there are some issues. I have got round ethernet by putting in a Netgear card which works fine. Next I want to try and fix the onboard USB.

I have a a Belkin F5U200 card which gives me EHCI but I really need to run my Apple USB mouse & keyboard from the onboard USB to give me control of the BIOS and boot selector.

I've tried installing the upto date kext package from the developer page but still no luck.

I've also tried changing the BIOS settings for USB, legacy etc.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try or is my mobo just out of scope for this project?

Thanks

Yes I tried the 10.4.7 & 8 kexts with no joy, but I've not tried the older ones. But, since posting I've discovered this wierd thing. If I restart into Win XP then restart again into OSX, my onboard USB works. But if I just shut down OSX then restart later, the USB isn't working. Anyone any ideas?

If I restart into Win XP then restart again into OSX, my onboard USB works. But if I just shut down OSX then restart later, the USB isn't working. Anyone any ideas?

This happens sometimes. Usually with ethernet or sound.

Windows makes some change in BIOS such that when you then boot OSX, the bad device works. It is probably that Windows has a proper driver for the device whereas OSX doesn't and is trying to use one that it does have but it doesn't work well or at all.

This again points to trying to fiddle with USB settings in BIOS.