10.4.7 steps confirm?

consolation

6 posts in this topic

I'm about to install onto my new hack box, can someone confirm that these are the correct steps and in sequence. I'm going to be installing from the 10.4.6 jas distro, I've searched through the forum and just need a more experienced hand to check I'm not missing anything...

So:

1) install from the 10.4.6 jas DVD (ex PB)

2) extract the kexts from the apple MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg and manually move them.

3) apply the JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel).pkg (ex PB)

4) apply the Semjaza's decrypts (which I'm still trying to track down due to lack of demonoid membership)

5) patch sound & network

6) dance jubilantly...

8)apply JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.pkg once system is stable.

The HW is: ASUS P5LD2-VM SE, add2 card, 250 gb seagate sata2, p4 531 (waiting for cores to get cheap), pioneer 111D, via chipset PCI Firewire card, 1GB DDR2-667

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA

The kexts from 10.4.7 may cause you problems. And there are some kexts you should not move. Use the guide for the update from 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 as a reference.

There is a thread on the board for asking for Demonoid invites.

The kexts from 10.4.7 may cause you problems. And there are some kexts you should not move. Use the guide for the update from 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 as a reference.

There is a thread on the board for asking for Demonoid invites.

Yeah, I put my name down on the list, not holding my breath as so did dozens of others, mostly I'm hoping to catch the rare demonoid open day :2cents:

When you say the kexts may cause problems, are you suggesting I skip that step altogether? Or, just move only the ones that were moved between .5 & .6? I'm off to try to find that guide. Thanks for prompt reply, appreciate it...

I would skip the step entirely. But if you insist, then keep an eye on that guide to reduce your problems.

Sweet, I just found this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=20644

does this mean that all I need to do is:

1) install from the 10.4.6 jas DVD (ex PB)

2) extract the kexts from the apple MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg and manually move them.

3) apply the JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel).pkg (ex PB)

4) apply the Semjaza's decrypts (which I'm still trying to track down due to lack of demonoid membership)

5) patch sound & network

6) dance jubilantly... (ooops I missed out 7)

8)apply JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.pkg once system is stable.