Installing Mavericks on GA-X79-UP4 v1.1 (4 different installs fail after kext load)

norffman

4 posts in this topic

I have purchased all the hardware to put together the highest end hackintosh listed on The Always Up-to-Date Guide recommended hardware.

I have run into a plethora of issues on my quest to a final product, some of which are so umentionable I will not mention them here. Currently, I think that this list was copiled for the v1.0 version of the GA-X79-UP4.

I have had issues with using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create the installer disk, but was able to obtain a precompiled copy after purchasing the installer from the store. I wrote the .img to a 32GB EMTech flash drive, and the installer begins loading the kext in Darwin, but after the kext load (watching in -v), the boot screen fails to represent itself and the screen goes black.

I tried using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and an installer disc for 10.6, but that too fails to install.

I've tried loading Darwin with the following command, but each time the kext finish loading, death. I found these recommended on the net.

1. UseKextCache=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f

2. -x -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=no cpus=1

3. -x -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=yes cpus=1

I also noted, that most installs were performed with settings I cannot access in v7 of the BIOS, and I'm NOT trying to flash the v4 BIOS from the Gigabye site again. **HINT="DO NOT DO THIS"**

I really want to get it installed as I want to run Parallels for multiple reasons, as opposed to VM Ware.

I've tried the following installers unsuccessfully:

1. OSX Mavericks Niresh Hackintosh 10 9 0

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 10.9 Installer (tried replacing the DSDT/kext files from the precompiled img with those that have been determined for my sytem)

3. OSX 10 8 ISO for Windows Computers by Niresh 12495 - Genial78

4. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 10.6 Installer

Maybe it's just not in the cards for me, but if anyone else can vouche for, "Hey, I'm ha(d/ving) the same problem", I'd really appreciate any guidance on this quest for enlightenment. Gosh, the last two hackintoshes I build, you might as well have shipped it with the OS preinstalled. Just expected this predetermined build to go...smooth.

Thanks for any replies.

• Like 1

I have purchased all the hardware to put together the highest end hackintosh listed on The Always Up-to-Date Guide recommended hardware.

I have run into a plethora of issues on my quest to a final product, some of which are so umentionable I will not mention them here. Currently, I think that this list was copiled for the v1.0 version of the GA-X79-UP4.

I have had issues with using ##### to create the installer disk, but was able to obtain a precompiled copy after purchasing the installer from the store. I wrote the .img to a 32GB EMTech flash drive, and the installer begins loading the kext in Darwin, but after the kext load (watching in -v), the boot screen fails to represent itself and the screen goes black.

I tried using ##### and an installer disc for 10.6, but that too fails to install.

I've tried loading Darwin with the following command, but each time the kext finish loading, death. I found these recommended on the net.

1. UseKextCache=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f

2. -x -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=no cpus=1

3. -x -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=yes cpus=1

I also noted, that most installs were performed with settings I cannot access in v7 of the BIOS, and I'm NOT trying to flash the v4 BIOS from the Gigabye site again. **HINT="DO NOT DO THIS"**

I really want to get it installed as I want to run Parallels for multiple reasons, as opposed to VM Ware.

I've tried the following installers unsuccessfully:

1. OSX Mavericks Niresh Hackintosh 10 9 0

2. ##### 10.9 Installer (tried replacing the DSDT/kext files from the precompiled img with those that have been determined for my sytem)

3. OSX 10 8 ISO for Windows Computers by Niresh 12495 - Genial78

4. ##### 10.6 Installer

Maybe it's just not in the cards for me, but if anyone else can vouche for, "Hey, I'm ha(d/ving) the same problem", I'd really appreciate any guidance on this quest for enlightenment. Gosh, the last two hackintoshes I build, you might as well have shipped it with the OS preinstalled. Just expected this predetermined build to go...smooth.

Thanks for any replies.

The same..if i use GT640 1gb Palit-Black screen after Chameleon load all kext,but if i change with Radeon 5770..... work all

Try to change video port to DVI..HDMI..VGA :wink_anim: :But remember-10.8 and up dont ussed Vesa driver,you need to add correct video driver inside your installer/USB or HDD :wink_anim: maybe this litlle help you

flag : -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 

Add :NullCPUPowerManagement.kext - FakeSMC.kext

Fabio

I did try those flags with Dawin, as well I added those Kext to the uni.beast installer.

I have not also tried to install using the myHack 3.3.1 installer creator utilizing OS X 10.9 Installer App. The USB was wrote successfully, but upon trying to boot from my USB, I am received the boot0 error. Can I use the Chimera loader on this to solve the problem? I checked my BIOS, everything is set to AHCI and Legacy, but regardless the installer fails to load.

The same..if i use GT640 1gb Palit-Black screen after Chameleon load all kext,but if i change with Radeon 5770..... work all

Try to change video port to DVI..HDMI..VGA :wink_anim: :But remember-10.8 and up dont ussed Vesa driver,you need to add correct video driver inside your installer/USB or HDD :wink_anim: maybe this litlle help you

Do you recall what commands you used to run Darwin for this board? Also, what is the best way to get the installer to recognize that I have placed these kext on the USB, it's as if the installer doesn't recognize them when I place them there, for instance it always says that the DSDT was not found.

Thank you for your help.

I did try those flags with Dawin, as well I added those Kext to the uni.beast installer.

I have not also tried to install using the myHack 3.3.1 installer creator utilizing OS X 10.9 Installer App. The USB was wrote successfully, but upon trying to boot from my USB, I am received the boot0 error. Can I use the Chimera loader on this to solve the problem? I checked my BIOS, everything is set to AHCI and Legacy, but regardless the installer fails to load.

Do you recall what commands you used to run Darwin for this board? Also, what is the best way to get the installer to recognize that I have placed these kext on the USB, it's as if the installer doesn't recognize them when I place them there, for instance it always says that the DSDT was not found.

Thank you for your help.

Tried an old PNY card with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and tried both a GTX750TI, but still black screen. Can you advise my on a good location to find kext? I used to know all this, but you could say I'm reNewed to the scene. I tried searching for them on google and see some Haswell issues out there, perhaps that's that I'm seeing? But with the same result with the old PNY card, it seems to be something else. Do you mind letting me know what version of OS X you have successfully installed on this board, and what version/settings you have in the BIOS?

Sorry to trouble you, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Day 9 of this and still not one boot into the installer.