Yosemite HP 7700 desktop install

redneck

1 post in this topic

I have two Hard Drive's  > 500g and a 750G both GUID on this HP7700

500g has Maverick and Windows 8.1 installed> 500g main was erased  Fat32  then Partitioned , two 250g partitions. one for windows and one for Mac.

I tried to install Yosemite on 750g with 3 partitions , no luck , Main has to be formatted  GUID, mac j extend, then partitioned.

So I created the 8g chameleon 2377 yose installer. used chameleon 2377 yose boot loader At boot it would only see the USB. After many hours, I had a brain fart

I created a 320g usb with 2 Partitions 30g and 300g.  made 30 G the installer and then I installed yose on 300g USB. I could have used the 8g !

installed Yosemite 2377 bootloader on 300g usb , looked good but stuck at waiting for device.

I download the yosemite  kernel and extra file. then booted to Maverick and moved the kernel and extra file to Usb Yose. Booted  stuck at waiting for dsmos . reboot flag -f -v -x Graphics Enabler=no  Yea booted up. running very slow.

Later !,  I used Chameleonlist on Mav to set the yose drive sbois to Mac Pro 3.1 and set up boot and play list 

I booted to Maverick created a Yosemite 300g IMG and restored to 750g first Partition.

I Followed all the basic rules except erase 750 main Mac journaled extended.

I use a 8g usb drive with yose 2377 bootloader at boot , then chose what I want to boot.

Audio =no  > wireless board and mouse slow. >Bluetooth maybe.