Asus P5B Deluxe

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Asus P5B Deluxe, an Sapphire X1600PRO Crossfire Overclocked Edition, a E6300 C2D CPU, 2x512mb Ballistix DDR2 667 ram, a Sata II Samsung 250GB HDD and a IDE DVD/CD Burner. What do I need in order to get OS X to work on my system? What do I need to do also... I am thinking of buying a external enclosure for my DVD/CD Burner if that will make it work. I'd like a good description of what it is I need to do also... Because I am a serious newbie when it comes to this.

according to this post you may want to make sure your sata drive is on the IHC8 sata or set the jmicro sata controller to ahci in bios(some people report issues booting windows with this though)....also there are some more tips on getting sound to work...

looks like you may also have to use a usb dvd to get the install going...or a sata to ide converter to stick your dvd drive on...

also here is a installation guide...be sure to read the TIPS section....

and for the video card(btw nice choice I have th same) you can try this

also if you goto google and do a search on "P5B Deluxe site:forum.insanelymac.com" with no quotes there are a ton of other post...i just grabbed the first...