Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Intel GMA 3000 / Broadwater-GZ 82946GZ

1 post in this topic

i just recently installed OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on an older C2D (actually Pentium) Lenovo Thincentre M55e. It's running fine so far...unfortunately without any Graphics Acceleration, and not more then 1024x786.

I don't really care for CE/QI on this thing, but at least 1440x900 would be nice. It's probably going to be used as a iTunes Server for Wifi Backup of my sisters iPhone.

But i don't seem to be able to get anything other then 1024x786 as a Resolution. What i tried:

- Putting the Device-ID in the GMA950 Kext, because the GMA 3000 only has a bit more Clock, then the GMA 950. -> Didn't work.

- Trying to get the Resolution over Chameleon -> Didn't work.

- Trying to use another Kext -> didn't work.

- Booting in 32-Bit Mode, also with "- legacy" - didn't work (although i'm booting in 32-Bit Mode anyway)

- Using a Screen-Res Changer -> Didn't work

I'm not sure about the Device-ID in the Kext, because loading it with kextload doesn't get me anything other then "failed to load". Kextutil gets me a "Can't stat xxx.kext - no such file or directory"

So...i'm a bit lost and maybe someone could help me. I would appreciate it very much^^