DSDT compiling errors solved now HDMI audio to be solved

14 posts in this topic

I recently build a PC with MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate and i5-4670K installed Mavericks with Clover Bootloader. The graphics is enabled by default but no audio. This mb has a Alc887-VD on it. I tried to patch DSDT and compile but get some errors I cannot find a fix. Please check it out, any one here can shed me some light will be appreciated.

dsdt.dsl.zip

There are two errors shown below.

post-216278-0-41177600-1400164510_thumb.png

If (LEqual (Arg1, 0x02))                                        {                                            If (OBFF)                                            {                                                Return (Buffer (0x10)                                                {                                                    /* 0000 */   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,                                                    /* 0008 */   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                                })                                            }                                            Else                                            {                                                Return (Buffer (0x10)                                                {                                                    /* 0000 */   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,                                                    /* 0008 */   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                                })                                            }                                        }
If (LEqual (T_0, 0x0D))                                                {                                                    If (LEqual (Arg2, 0x2E))                                                    {                                                        If (Arg1)                                                        {                                                            Store (One, C1LE) /* \C1LE */                                                        }                                                        Else                                                        {                                                            Store (Zero, C1LE) /* \C1LE */                                                        }                                                    }                                                    If (LEqual (Arg2, 0x4E))                                                    {                                                        If (Arg1)                                                        {                                                            Store (One, C2LE) /* \C2LE */                                                        }                                                        Else                                                        {                                                            Store (Zero, C2LE) /* \C2LE */                                                        }                                                    }
I solved the compiling errors by applying toleda's 8series compile clean patch and deleting 4 lines of errors promoted, then I can compile with a few warnings show up. The dsdt compiling issues are solved now let's focus on the Hd4600+alc8877vd HDMI audio, I tried 3 methods of toleda but utterly failed. Now I updated to 10.9.3. Any one here with similar combo make some progress?

I tried to patch DSDT and compile but get some errors I cannot find a fix. 

Fix: From the same repo you did the HDMI audio edits, select Patch/8series-Clean Compile/Apply/Close/Compile.  4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt/Compile/Save.

Note: Method DTGP is not required with the HDMI audio edits and can be removed

Issue: the HDMI audio edits specify the desktop framebuffer. Verify working framebuffer: IOReg/GFX0@2/AAPL,ig-platform-id

Edit for mobile framebuffer:

To (select and test, if no video try the next, etc.)
1. 0x07, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0D
2. 0x05, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A
3. 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A

Fix: From the same repo you did the HDMI audio edits, select Patch/8series-Clean Compile/Apply/Close/Compile.  4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt/Compile/Save.

Note: Method DTGP is not required with the HDMI audio edits and can be removed

Issue: the HDMI audio edits specify the desktop framebuffer. Verify working framebuffer: IOReg/GFX0@2/AAPL,ig-platform-id

Edit for mobile framebuffer:

To (select and test, if no video try the next, etc.)
1. 0x07, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0D
2. 0x05, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A
3. 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A

It`s not working with my DSDT. Deleting the 4 lines of errors shows up more errors. My original DSDT get from latex Intel ACPI attached. Please help me fix the but and add IGPU device, it is absent in my DSDT.

dsdt.dat.zip

Operator error. See toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

For the second time, apply 8series-Clean Compile.  It works on the dsdts in Post #1 and Post #3.

Why did you start another thread on the exact same dsdt issue?

I will change the topics of that thread. Sorry to bother you but I applied 8series-Clean fix but then encounters 4 errors shown below. What`s wrong with my DSDT?

post-216278-0-40849800-1400251335_thumb.png

My config.plist also attached.

config.plist.zip

I will change the topics of that thread. Sorry to bother you but I applied 8series-Clean fix but then encounters 4 errors shown below. What`s wrong with my DSDT?

Post #2, 4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt.  Compile/Save.

Graphics and Devices are missing for config.plist

Post #2, 4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt.  Compile/Save.

Graphics and Devices are missing for config.plist

Yes after applying the patch you mentioned there are 4 errors show up and deleting them will make more errors show up. 

Do you mean I have to edit config.plist to enable audio instead of DSDT patch?

Yes after applying the patch you mentioned there are 4 errors show up and deleting them will make more errors show up. 

Do you mean I have to edit config.plist to enable audio instead of DSDT patch?

I would not instruct you do do something that I did not test.

My result: 4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt.  Compile/Save.

post-618506-0-35595400-1400253330_thumb.png

For onboard audio, dsdt edits are not required.

For HDMI audio, either dsdt edits or an ssdt required.

I would not instruct you do do something that I did not test.

My result: 4 errors left, delete the four lines in the dsdt.  Compile/Save.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-16 at 11.14.07 AM.png

For onboard audio, dsdt edits are not required.

For HDMI audio, either dsdt edits or an ssdt required.

I saw you have 4 edits to the Kext-to-Patch section, should I include 4 of them or a part of them with my HD4600?

post-216278-0-07899600-1400259767_thumb.png

I saw you have 4 edits to the Kext-to-Patch section, should I include 4 of them or a part of them with my HD4600?

Do you plan to enable HDMI audio?

Lets try to stay on topic.  Does your dsdt compile?

No, as I mentioned earlier after applying the 8 series clean compile patch with maciasl 4 errors would show up, delete the 4 lines would bring more errors. It won't work this way. Have you tried yourself?

I compiled my DSDT finally and used a DSDT like below. But no HDMI audio with stock AppleHDA.

You did not do anything. This is artur-pt's work.  Give credit. 

Have you tried yourself?

See Post #8.  Operator error.

Yes I plan to make my HDMI audio working. I already did what you instructed to compile the dsdt with some warnings thought but compiled. After completing compilingbI applies the Hdef and Igpu hacks and ex edit the appleintelazul but no luck.I also tried your cover hack me this to patch the Apple heading roller bit failed again.