ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

AMD 3500+

Leadtek Winfast PX6600 TD Heatsink Edition 256Mo

1 GHz RAM

Realtek ALC850

Pioneer DVR-110D

Release OSX DVD :

MacOS X x86 v10.4.6 - HOTiSO

Why osx ask me to reboot ??? i can't install the os on my partition 7 Gb, af, ....

post-59316-1160338498_thumb.jpg

post-59316-1160338506_thumb.jpg

post-59316-1160338519_thumb.jpg

SAM Multimedia means that the system is having trouble reading the DVD.

You need to reburn the DVD at the slowest speed possible. If available, use a different brand or different type (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw) of media.

If that fails, then see if you can update the firmware of your optical drive.

my firmwire is 1.41 : the newest for this pioneer DVD-Drive...

Is it the best iso for my AMD? or can use a 10.4.7 or a 10.4.8 image?

Does Jas or Goatsecx isos are better than HotIso ?

And my reboot problem is only because of a bad "dvd writing" ?

And my reboot problem is only because of a bad "dvd writing" ?

As I already said, the SAM Multimedia error is because of a problem reading the DVD. 90% of the time it is the DVD and 9% of the time it is the DVD drive. Writing the DVD at the slowest speed possible and also if possible, changing media, usually solves the problem.

The OS made 10 attempts to read from your DVD and failed. Then it looked 2 other places to try to find something to boot from. Then it tried to find a network drive to boot from and couldn't. So it gave up, had a kernel panic and rebooted.

It does make you think a little - if a DVD burned at a fast speed fails and a DVD burned at a slow speed passes, how many of the DVD's and CD's you have burned at high speed are sitting on the shelf with errors on them.

ONLY 7 gigs for OSX? Ouch! And you got some 210 gigs for some NTFS part? Id take another 20+ gigs and give it to OSX, if you do get it working youll fill 7 gigs up overnight. Also, and it might not work but Id try taking your dvd drive and putting it on anotehr IDE channel, say master if its on slave now. Its worth a try and takes less time than reburning at 2x, or slower....

takes less time than reburning at 2x, or slower....

90% of the time, reburning the DVD at the slowest speed possible solves the SAM Multimedia problem.

So, a DVD burned at high speed fails.

A DVD burned at low speed succeeds.

What could be the difference between the two? Errors created during burning at high speed?

What does that say about the quality of all the CD's and DVD's you have that you burned at high speed?

i've burned a slowest speed two times; with 2 different isos : AND I HAVE THE SAME ERRORS.....

i have also read this :

TIPS FOR EVERYBODY (MUST READ!!!)

1. The drive you are installing has to be the PRIMARY MASTER. The CD rom has to be on the same cable, so it’ll be the PRIMARY SLAVE. Before attempting anything, get into the bios and get this checked. There might be other configurations that work, but for me this one was the only one that did it.

And for me : my only drive is on a MASTER SATA; and my DVD-Drive is on a MASTER IDE.....

So i can't install OSX ????

I have one SATA drive, one IDE (Primary Master) and two DVD/CD on Secondary Channel. It works with me. I can install on SATA or IDE. Both options available.

Check the MD5 of the ISO you downloaded.