Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Having some trouble installing OSX Mavericks 10.9 in Virtualbox

3 posts in this topic

What I've done so far is boot from Hackboot_mav.iso then replaced that with the Mavericks .iso, hit F5 and started the install. However the problem seems to be that the computer is stuck on "hfs: mounted OS X Base System on device root_device". It hasn't progressed for 25 min.

Host specs:

MSI Z87-G41

8GB DDR3-1600

r9 270X

Virtualization set enabled in the BIOS

For the VM I gave it 2GB of RAM, 50GB storage, and disabled EFI.

Image of issue: http://imgur.com/K453ZEk

I have the exact same problem after just getting a new Macbook Pro

running Maverick 10.9.2 as the host OS 

tried different parameters for the VMI, all defaults, 4GB/40GB, 4GB/60GB

Core I7

Yup same here... I've made a little progress... I found changing the chipset to PIIX3 in VBOX (using version 4.3.10 i think) got me past a guru meditation error early on but later results in a panic afterwards... Also thinking PAE/NX should be disabled so the guest doesn't know the CPU data and therefore is unable to determine its not a mac CPU.  However, disabling that might mean the exact same thing.  If it wasn't a panic, I'd say this a root cause, but it's not or appears not.

I think the guys at VBox are spoiling mac os x as a guest... but I have nothing to back that claim up with aside from a warning on their forums about Apple's SLA.

Linux - AMD A10 APU, 8gb ram, Radeon HD 8670M