help needed .....cant install leopard on HP XW8400

simondo3

4 posts in this topic

Been trying to install Leopard on this HP XW8400 for the last 2 days with no luck. Ive read a lot but got nowhere.

The XW8400 optical drive is an IDE  and the HD is on SATA

what Ive done so far:

updated the bios to latest version 2.3.8

set boot order to:

1/Optical drive

2/HDD

3/USB

set the SATA emulation in Bios to seperate IDE controller

now when I boot with the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD in the drawer it just boots straight into windows XP.

Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

update:

tried snow leopard with eyesBoot and retail 10.6.3

Kalyway 10.5.2

Boot132 & Leopard Retail

I just get the "Ebios Read Error : Device Timeout Block 0 Sectors 64" on whatever distro I try  :(  (maybe because of IDE DVD drive)

I did attach a cloned 10.6.3 drive to the sata port and it showed up as a disk under eyeboot but timed out at acpi_smc_platform ( thats a start I suppose but I really want to build a leopard system from scratch in order to use Digidesign Pro Tools HD legacy hardware with Apple Logic in TDM mode. 10.5.8 is the last system supported otherwise I would use snow leopard)

can anybody help with this. I'm not really a noob as Ive been using Hackintosh successfully for 5 yrs. I did not build my current system however I have managed to build other systems for friends from scratch using a clone of the one I had built for me so i know about kext and extra folders etc and a little terminal.

who knows the fix for this, not much about it on the web for the HP xw8400 but people have gotten it to work on 10.5 and upwards but Ive tried what they did without luck.....SO FAR :D

My Spec:

HP xw8400

1 x 5160 @ 3.00Ghz_DP

4 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro 2000

anyway whoever gets this going for me I will pay a fee to, not much but enough for a few pints and a pizza :yes: 

so come on hackers help me out here, this post has been up here since yesterday and no one has replied yet