wireless card...

macuser9214

4 posts in this topic

SORRY, i know this is in the wrong forum, but I usually get a better responce in this forum.....

My question is...

Someone in another forum said that the vender id for their wireless card (same as mine) is 0X168c001a

But later said "4 charater , 4 character"

theres more than 8 characters in that id!!!!

HOW DO I INSTALL MY CARD?

ITS a d-link dwl-510.

Thanks.

It's formatted like this:

<string>pci168c,001a</string>

You need to add this (if it's not already there) to the info.plist in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros5424.kext/Contents

Also make sure your NetworkInterfaces.plist in /Library/Prefrences/SystemConfiguration is setup properly.

You'll need to make sure any instances of "en0" are changed to "en1" and also make sure "IOInterfaceUnit" is set to "1".

-Joel

Someone in another forum said that the vender id for their wireless card (same as mine) is 0X168c001a

But later said "4 charater , 4 character"

theres more than 8 characters in that id!!!!

The vendor id = 168c is 4 characters

The device id = 001a is 4 characters

The string used in setting your device information may be of two forms:

For some drivers, you would use it in the form: 0x168c001a as in <string>0x168c001a</string>

In other drivers, you would use it in the form: pci168c,001a as in <string>pci168c,001a</string>

A quick examination of the info.plist file you are editing should give you a clue as to which form is required.

To be sure you did everything correctly, follow this Broadcom guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23684

except:

Edit this file: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext/Contents/Info.plist

In another thread, I posted to you that this card seems to have a Realtek RTL8180L chipset and there is no driver solution on OSX.