Please help

whitethunder

8 posts in this topic

Ok well I installed a dvd with 10.4.6 on my machine last night as per the guide located at

http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2006/05/...ndows-computer/

All was fine, installed OSX with no prob, but after the install I decided to install the macvidia install package as I am using an nvidia gfx card and the only avaliable res was looking weird on my monitor. What a mistake. After the reboot, if I let osx load normally I get a message on my lcd monitor that the input is out of range, it tries like 84 Hz, 106 Hz and 116 I believe and fails each time. I have done a little searching and I when I try to boot in single user mode ( -s ) It hangs on this message (I wrote in pencil so I may have written something down slightly incorrectly):

/root# USBF:52.436 Apple USB OHCI (0x2cfd000) /start OHCI will be unloaded across sleep

:52.449 USBGeneric Hub@1 (0x2000000)

Like I said it hangs there I let it sit there for an hour a few times and nothing. Is there something else I can try to get back into the OS, I really want to use it at home since I just started using it at work.

Thanks guys

BTW, I dont know if this makes a difference but my hardware is listed below:

AMD 64 3200+

DFI NF4 SLI-DR Mobo (Using Onboard Sound)

eVGA GeForce 7800GT

2*512 MB OCZ RAM

320 GB WD PATA HDD

Logitech USB Mouse and Keyboard

Try booting with F8 and at the prompt type: ?video

This will display the VESA resolutions available to you. Select one of the resolutions and type it at the prompt like this (with the quote marks): "Graphics Mode" = "1024x768"

Keep doing this until you find one that is acceptable (but maybe not optimal).

If you find one you can work with, go to the boot.plist file and add the following:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768</string> (or whatever resolution you choose)

Try booting with F8 and at the prompt type: ?video

This will display the VESA resolutions available to you. Select one of the resolutions and type it at the prompt like this (with the quote marks): "Graphics Mode" = "1024x768"

Keep doing this until you find one that is acceptable (but maybe not optimal).

If you find one you can work with, go to the boot.plist file and add the following:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768</string> (or whatever resolution you choose)

nice! thanks man ill try er after iTunes finishes importing my 30gb of music over the network