[Solved] 9904 Error syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ','

duey101

6 posts in this topic

9904 Error syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ','       <---(you get this somewhere in your DSDT)

If anyone experiences this error when compiling your DSDT for the first time here is the fix.  I know nothing about code but just figured it out with common sense and trial and error.  I searched and searched all over Google and couldn't find a fix so I just kept working on it until I got it right.   Here is how it got fixed...

Looks like this...

{
                    If (IGDS)
                    {
                        Store (^^^GFX0.DD02._BQC (), Local0)
                        ^^^GFX0.DD02._BCM (Local0)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Store (^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BQC (Local0, ^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BCM (Local0)))
                    }
                }

Should be like this...

{
                    If (IGDS)
                    {
                        Store (^^^GFX0.DD02._BQC (), Local0)
                        ^^^GFX0.DD02._BCM (Local0)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Store (^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BQC (), Local0) 
                        ^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BCM (Local0)
                    }
                }

I hope this helps anyone else who may run across this error as it will save you many hours of searching if you are not proficient at code like me (but I'm learning :) )  Of course programmers would have fixed this in less than 30 seconds, took me an hour and a half! LOL!!!

Thanks rals2007.  But now I'm stuck on this warning...

9451    Warning    Not all control paths return a value (COKE)

})
            Method (COKE, 0, NotSerialized)
            {

Which is in the tag...

}
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
        {

3.5 hours and still can't figure it out, there are no other references to COKE anywhere else in the DSDT.  But I'll keep trying.  It's always fun to try things you don't know.  The DSDT is error free though.  But now I have this problem.  LOL!!! :D

Thanks rals2007.  But now I'm stuck on this warning...

9451    Warning    Not all control paths return a value (COKE)

})

{

Which is in the tag...

}

Scope (\_SB.PCI0)

{

3.5 hours and still can't figure it out, there are no other references to COKE anywhere else in the DSDT.  But I'll keep trying.  It's always fun to try things you don't know.  The DSDT is error free though.  But now I have this problem.  LOL!!! :D

Warnings are not a problem.

But the warning is coming from code like this:

{
   if (some-condition)
   {
      do-some-stuff
      Return (something)
   }
}
If some-condition is false, the method doesn't execute a Return statement and that's what the warning is about.

When editing DSDT and trying to understand compiler warnings, basic computer programming skills are a prerequisite.

Hmm... almost solved.  Although I have an error free working DSDT, whenever I restart and then open up the default DSDT in MaciASL (which has already been patched/error free) I get the same error in the patched DSDT that has been loaded and then opened as default in MaciAsl.

{
If (IGDS)
{
Store (^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BQC (Local0, ^^^PEG0.PEGP.LCD._BCM (Local0)))
}
Else
{

I thought I already fixed that before, well... I know I did, how did it come back again?

"When editing DSDT and trying to understand compiler warnings, basic computer programming skills is a prerequisite."

Or just plain old stubborn determination and knowledge that anything can be done if the desire to do it is strong enough.

Hmm... almost solved.  Although I have an error free working DSDT, whenever I restart and then open up the default DSDT in MaciASL (which has already been patched/error free) I get the same error in the patched DSDT that has been loaded and then opened as default in MaciAsl.

That is normal. It is because you didn't disassemble the DSDT correctly. You must always disassemble your DSDT with the context of the SSDTs, as otherwise, the iasl disassembler does not have enough information to create an error free disassembly.