Visual Stutter/Lag

0xAE9

1 post in this topic

I've got a decent hackintosh running, however when the cpu is idle or not being used as much, opening programs, files, and even as I type I can see the words lagging to catch up. It's not too much of a delay, but it's very noticeable. There's two ways I've discovered that allow my computer to run normally temporarily. The first one is moving my mouse around seems to remedy it, but only while it's moving. The second is if I run a cpu intensive program like a cpu benchmark or screen recording software. My GPU performs well in both gaming and testing (although not as great as windows scores of course). My sounds is working perfectly as well, so I figure it has something to do with the nullcpupowermanagement.kext that has to be installed for AMD users. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and if there's a fix for it. I was hoping I could just replace nullcpupowermanagement.kext with a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, but I assume it's only meant to work for Intel CPUs.

Here's my build information:

AMD Phenom X4 955 BE 3.21Ghz

Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 (8GB)

ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 (2GB)

For the chipset kext, I'm using SuperVIAATA.kext

Thank you for reading, hopefully we can figure this out!