[BOOTLOADER] cannot instal/boot chameleon

rk1

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

i've successfully instal Mavericks using Niresh.

everything is working pretty fine, but i'm still having troubles into booting my fresh new OS X set up.

I still need my USB niresh key to boot into my OS X HDD.

here the actions i've already try —>

- instal chamelon using a famous post instal soft -> cannot boot, get back to my uefi/bios mobo

- instal chameleon using PKG insatller -> cannot boot, get back to my uefi/bios mobo

So i've a few questions regarding this issue:

- does i need to unistall previous try of chameleon to start another fresh instal ? (and how-to ? )

- does my mobo (using uefi bios) need a particular set up ?

FYI here is my current hard set up :

Asus H81I-PLUS (mini ITX) no particular uefi/bios settings

Mavericks instaled into a 320Go 2,5 HDD SATA pluged into SATA PORT 1

Intel I5 4430 CPU

Gigabyte GTX460 GPU

Thanks to all the community :)

Hello

Niresh=distro...

You cannot install bootloader in distro as you can install i retail...

If you want, you can make a retail installation for you using this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

Hi,

thanks for the answer,

i doesn't know a bootloader install will be affect by a distro instal from a fresh one. (i assume i doesn't search a lot about this subjet, i was just happy to finaly meet again a mac OS)

i've finaly managed to instal a bootloader, but i encouter a hash 256 error, i can boot but i've to pass the verification each time.

and i've still have LAN issue with my mobo  using a RTL8111G chip (even after instaling coresponding kext).

should i take a fresh restart from a vanilla instal ? (i'm little bit affraid of cannot boot anymore into a working OS X on my PC hardware)

i'm now aware about the post instal set up, and more familiar with the kext i need to set up.